By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIFA 18's ads don't feature the Switch version?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

But by doing so, they make people think that the Switch has no FIFA, which is untrue. And it's not like EA doesn't have the gall of just making people think the Switch version is the same value that the other (remember those quotes saying FIFA and Zelda BotW would be the two must-buy games for the Switch?).

And by doing so, EA can say Fifa doesn't sell well on Switch, which for them means no EA games will sell well on Switch and then pull back out from the console since it's clearly doomed in their eyes

Still makes no sense the self-sabotage theories that a company will willingly decide to not make money instead of they doing their research and verifying that they can make more with the same effort in a different place.

Valdney said:

FIFA sucks. It destroyed soccer video games to me. Nintendo has to get PES. Have Konami make a game akin to its “International Super Star Soccer” roots.

Unfortunatelly Aleixo have retired by now =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Okay, I think it is really difficult to find a clean line between a new game and the same game. I still think FIFA 18 on the Switch is the same thing, give or take a few features. It might be easier to discuss this case by case. Often I think a different name or a subtitle is used to differentiate one version over another. You already said that, too. But here in FIFAs case, I somehow still see no reason to think of it as a different game.

The risky part was rather meant to describe EA's whole approach towards the Switch. I believe they want this FIFA version to fail because they are not interested in developing a relationship on the system at all. I believe they are withholding it's potential because if a significant amount of copies would have been sold, EA would be forced by investors to support the Switch more, and at the same time their games are not suited for this environment. That's why I think they want to keep sales low so they can then retreat from the system entirely. That's the big plan in my eyes.

I was under the impression that EA is contractually obligated by FIFA to put the game on as many platforms as possible. IIRC if they release it on platform and it bombs, they don't have to release anymore renditions. Maybe that was EA's plan all along.

Darc Requiem said:
I was under the impression that EA is contractually obligated by FIFA to put the game on as many platforms as possible. IIRC if they release it on platform and it bombs, they don't have to release anymore renditions. Maybe that was EA's plan all along.

One could say the same about the NFL but Madden fucked NFL2K by exclusive licensing 2K out.  You know there could have been a NFL 2K for Switch this season if there wasn't so much bullshit.

I think we should all join a class action lawsuit against EA for NFL rights exclusive and not publishing on all platforms.

Around the Network
Gamer147 said:
Bad move by EA. It has sold over 100k copies on switch in just 2 weeks and more sales are trickling in. It could have been a much bigger success if they just promoted the game more. One cool 20 second video would have helped.

right, 100k sounds fine now :/

they are stupid, FIFA has potential on Switch, it is based on multiplayer and I'm pretty sure many people would sacrifice some graphics in order to play together anywhere

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Heartwarming to see so many people concerned about EA's revenue.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

sethnintendo said:

I think we should all join a class action lawsuit against EA for NFL rights exclusive and not publishing on all platforms.

DO you or anyone on this class action lawsuit have any right to the NFL? So how do you intend to sue?

There is no one forbidding anyone to launch a Football game on Switch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
sethnintendo said:

DO you or anyone on this class action lawsuit have any right to the NFL? So how do you intend to sue?

Common sense already does a good job here.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

Common sense already does a good job here.

unfortunatelly common sense doesn't prevent people from suing.