By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch is handheld, home console or hybrid!?

Switch is handheld, home console or hybrid?

Handheld. 20 18.02%

Home console. 5 4.50%

Hybrid. 86 77.48%

Total:111

A console that is portable. A handheld that can be hooked up to the TV. It has the option to do both, depending on your preferences

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I use it 80% of the time docked. But happy I can play it where ever I want. Before I bought Switch I thought I would never play it undocked. You don’t realize how cool portability is until you try it.

For me I use it docked on weekends most of the time, except if I am playing a local multiplayer game with someone. During weekdays, almost exclusively undocked. My co-workers and I play Mario Kart almost every day at lunch. A lot of Switch games, particularly Zelda, are very well suited to handheld play in most situations. Zelda, because there's very often some small goal you can do during a commute without requiring absolute concentration; Zelda is very well paced like that. It's also why I hope Nintendo brings over Xenoblade Chronicles X because that was another game I think would be very suitable for a hybrid console - particularly because the long stretches and small tasks are incredibly predictable.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.