By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch is handheld, home console or hybrid!?

Switch is handheld, home console or hybrid?

Handheld. 20 18.02%

Home console. 5 4.50%

Hybrid. 86 77.48%

Total:111

So question is simple what do you think that Switch is and why do you think that, handheld, home console or hybrid of handheld and home console.

Fact is that Switch have handheld form factor and mobile hardware, but its also fact that Switch is designed to offer and that acts like full home console in same time, and practically Switch is hybrid of home console and handheld.

Also Switch is almost certain unified Nintendo platform, and we most likely want have any more separate handheld platform and separate home console platform, so basically Switch is both in one, handheld and home console in one, thats why we having handheld and home console IPs on it including big AAA home console games.

For me its very obvious that Switch is a hybrid of home console and handheld.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 17 November 2017

Around the Network

Wow, what a plethora of options in the poll. XD

I think we could call it hybrid without that much fuss, but people are used to either Handheld or Home Console, so...

EDIT: Ok, it's been fixed already.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It's a hybrid first and foremost, which can function as either a home console or a portable console depending on how you use it.

The Switch is a hermaphrodite.

I'll be a rebel.

It's a portable that you only use as a console 10% of the time.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

It's whatever the hell you want it to be

Ultrashroomz said:
I'll be a rebel.

It's a portable that you only use as a console 10% of the time.

That's not exactly true. :)

It's a hybrid. When I play docked it's a home console and when I play lying on my bed it's a handheld =P

For me it's a handheld, but apparently there are people who use it as a home console too.

It's everything in the poll and much more.