By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - L.A Noire Requires You To Download 14 GB Data Despite Physical Disc On Xbox One

Johnw1104 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

This is about the Xbox version though

I know, but he brought up the Switch version. This Xbox 1 version really doesn't make a lick of sense... it should fit on the disk just fine.

Yeah they are probably being greedy or something, cause it doesn't makes sense

Around the Network

Is it using a DVD? Is using DVDs even allowed on Xbox One? If so, why is using DVDs for cutting costs even allowed on Xbox One?

Well that's dumb, did they build the port around the Switch limitations ?

Is the Switch version just using 4GB carts and that's how we also got 4GBs on the disc too ?

fatslob-:O said:
Well that's dumb, did they build the port around the Switch limitations ?

Is the Switch version just using 4GB carts and that's how we also got 4GBs on the disc too ?

What has to do the Switch limitations with any any of this? they could have used a 32GB card on switch just like they could have put all the game in one disc.

Sounds like parity between platforms :|

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

What has to do the Switch limitations with any any of this? they could have used a 32GB card on switch just like they could have put all the game in one disc.

Check the post below yours ... 

It's just shitty forced parity by Virtuous and Rockstar/Take-Two ...

Using patches as a crutch rather than an enhancement / refinement...feels like the days of physical games are already over, the disks are just a silly formality.

I haven't played the Xbox version but the update isn't required to play the game on the switch. I played thru several hours of the game before I ever applied it. Maybe its the same on the xbox?

Games are fun.

Goodnightmoon said:

But why would they need parity when they could have fit the game on either format just fine?  Fitting the game on both formats would be parity, what they're doing instead makes no sense for any platform.  The Switch could fit the whole game.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Goodnightmoon said:

Parity? That doesn't make sense. Nintendo couldn't enforce it and Take-Two has no reason to enforce it. The only reason seems to be lazyness where they make the Switch version first and dumped the rest on the other platforms.

Maybe Nintendo was the one who triggered the port and the NS version could have been the first. And to hegde costs the developer also put the ports on the other consoles. So doing they left it the way it was now, reducing the costs for the other ports.

Last edited by Stefan.De.Machtige - on 16 November 2017

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.