By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - L.A Noire Requires You To Download 14 GB Data Despite Physical Disc On Xbox One

I decided to put this in Gaming discussion, as I feel it relates to the cartridges sizes of the Switch, at least discussion wise, In any case, the Xbox One version is similar to the Nintendo Switch version, in that they both require downloads to be playable. Thus, I can conclude that it was not done specifically because of the Switch, but because Take-Two tried to cut corners everywhere in order to make a quick buck. The game just has 4GB on the disc, and requires a 14GB download:

This doesn't even make sense though, as that could have all fit on a 25GB blu-ray.

I got the source from here:

http://gearnuke.com/l-noire-requires-download-14-gb-data-despite-physical-disc-xbox-one/

Around the Network

So...the Switch version has 15 gb on cartridge and 14 in download?

Wut

How can you save money by not putting all the data on the Disc? Were they planning to ship it with a 5gb disc and Microsoft said no? Are they so cheap that a cheap Blu-ray disc was too expensive?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'm off handing out some L's. Thanks.

I got it for PS4 Pro and it immediately started update 1.01 at 13G so seems like it may have nothing to do with just the Switch edition.

"Yes sir, I need a weapon."

Jay W

Around the Network

Fixed that stupid "See more" part out of the title. I hate when sites do that.

Huh? So the game file in the disc is just 4GB? Dang cheap  bastards, but on the Switch you can play the game while downloading, the guy that made this thread said so.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Bandorr said:
The Xbox one version is 4 gigs on, 14 gigs download?
And the switch?

I guess that makes "sense" as long as it is true for the PS4.

Lazy, but makes sense. Now if it isn't true for the ps4, no clue.

I don't know if we know for the PS4 version yet.

Getting the game digital anyway. Happy that its under 20GBs, lots of games this gen are over 50GBs.

That's just... I can't even find the words...

Take Two just flat out doesn't care about the consumer.