By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 45): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 06 - November 12, 2017

Sorry guys, I'm late because Gematsu management has come to fight me on the other side.

The trio bomba Musô adds more concern regarding 3rd parties on Switch. But let's wait & see since they are reportedly extremely enthusiastic about the system.

Massive 2nd week for COD WWII on the other hand.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Sorry guys, I'm late because Gematsu management has come to fight me on the other side.

The trio bomba Musô adds more concern regarding 3rd parties on Switch. But let's wait & see since they are reportedly extremely enthusiastic about the system.

What are you talking about?

KLAMarine said:
ryuzaki57 said:

3 old late ports came out on switch. They bombed badly and he is going to claim that third party support should only be on sony platforms.

KLAMarine said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Seems like lately he is on a crusade to tell everyone that third party games are doing poorly on the Nintendo Switch, ignoring everything that doesn't fit his pre-determined view. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Bajablo said:
drake-gx said:
Sonic Forces did better first week than Sonic Boom, Sonic Lost World, Sonic Colours... in fact it's probably the best opening week for a Sonic game since GBA / GC days outside of Mario & Sonic.

This can't be true... right? :S

Sonic was never real big in Japan, even during the franchises peak in the Genesis era it never pulled off big numbers there.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
ryuzaki57 said:

The trio bomba Musô adds more concern regarding 3rd parties on Switch

Orochi Warriors U3, Samurai Warriors Sanada & Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires were released on Switch on that week but all 3 failed to chart in MC. We shall see their dismal sales in famitsu or Dengeki.

ryuzaki57 said:
KLAMarine said:

Orochi Warriors U3, Samurai Warriors Sanada & Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires were released on Switch on that week but all 3 failed to chart in MC. We shall see their dismal sales in famitsu or Dengeki.

This is great news!

tbone51 said:
KLAMarine said:

3 old late ports came out on switch. They bombed badly and he is going to claim that third party support should only be on sony platforms.

Alkibiádēs said:
KLAMarine said:

Seems like lately he is on a crusade to tell everyone that third party games are doing poorly on the Nintendo Switch, ignoring everything that doesn't fit his pre-determined view. 

ryuzaki57 said:
KLAMarine said:

3rd parties ignoring switch would be unfortunate. I brought up some titles that did better on Switch than the other platforms not long ago as far as Amazon is concerned.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8611913

ryuzaki, perhaps you've forgotten?

ryuzaki57 said:
KLAMarine said:

Notice how you didnt mention sonic forces? A game where it had a simultaneous ps4/nsw release? A 55/45 split?

Yeah go and pick the only games that fit your narrative. Your anti nintendo posting gets more obvious with every attempt

zorg1000 said:
Bajablo said:

This can't be true... right? :S

Sonic was never real big in Japan, even during the franchises peak in the Genesis era it never pulled off big numbers there.

The mega drive got its ass kicled by super famicom and the PC engine (turbographics 16). It was a distant third.

How dominant was nintendo? When yamauchi told the public to wait cause the snes was coming out soon, mega drive sales took a HUGE nosedive.