By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 45): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 06 - November 12, 2017

Dengeki up!

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Dengeki up!

There's a lot of difference between the three outlets. Do they have all the same parameters? Do they all included bundles? Digital?

Signature goes here!

I still wonder why they released 3 Masuo in the same day. That is like Nintendo releasing a port to Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess all in the same day.

Also Switch sales are nice. I heard it was still sold out everywhere.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

TruckOSaurus said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Dengeki up!

There's a lot of difference between the three outlets. Do they have all the same parameters? Do they all included bundles? Digital?

As far as I know. Famitsu includes Digital cards that is bought on the store.

And don't quote me on this but I think the 3 of them use different samples to estimate sales. 
I am not really sure better asked the Japanese residence that post here.

Cod almost 300k retail only after 2 weeks according to dengeki

Around the Network

Occultic 9 did OK by the looks of it. Sellthrough is definitely correct.

WO3U sold 2300 units, awful sellthrough. The 2 others are even worse, I wonder what KT thinks of that...
But we definitely need more data to ascertain 3rd party chances on Switch. When is Doom releasing in Japan?

killeryoshis said:
I still wonder why they released 3 Masuo in the same day. That is like Nintendo releasing a port to Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess all in the same day.

Also Switch sales are nice. I heard it was still sold out everywhere.

Ya they should have either been sold together as a compilation or spread out over the course of a few months.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

outlawauron said:
KLAMarine said: 

3rd parties ignoring switch would be unfortunate. I brought up some titles that did better on Switch than the other platforms not long ago as far as Amazon is concerned.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8611913

ryuzaki, perhaps you've forgotten?

Amazon rankings has no relevance when we have actual sales data from MC. Why would the sales on US Amazon have anything to do with Japanese sales?

Third party is third party whether here in the US or in Japan. ryuzaki57 brings up some examples and I bring up some of my own.

ryuzaki57 said:

WO3U sold 2300 units, awful sellthrough. The 2 others are even worse, I wonder what KT thinks of that...
But we definitely need more data to ascertain 3rd party chances on Switch. When is Doom releasing in Japan?

Considering that DQ Heroes, DQX, MHXX, USFII, Bomberman, Xenoverse 2 all did good than yes i would say these Mosou games prove nothing.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Considering that DQ Heroes, DQX, MHXX, USFII, Bomberman, Xenoverse 2 all did good than yes i would say these Mosou games prove nothing.

In case you didn't realize, DQH Switch and MHXX are the least-selling entries in their respective franchises, selling several times less than the original versions.