By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch and Nintendo hardware

sethnintendo said:

They will announce a Switch Mini sometime next year with it being released around Spring of 2019.

Why would they go from NES Mini > SNES Mini > Switch Mini? Shouldn't they reach N64,GC,Wii and Wii U mini first? 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
sethnintendo said:

They will announce a Switch Mini sometime next year with it being released around Spring of 2019.

Why would they go from NES Mini > SNES Mini > Switch Mini? Shouldn't they reach N64,GC,Wii and Wii U mini first? 

Well N64 is next year probably.

IkePoR said:
fatslob-:O said:
Success is all 'relative' so to speak and it's also on a continuous scale too ...

If the Switch sold 3DS numbers and people consider it to be a success then retroactively, the 3DS would also be successful by that measure ...

Well, the 3DS is successful. Actively.

Yea but I don't see it going too much longer past holiday 2018.   Maybe push till holiday 2019.

Shaunodon said:
I think Switch will be Nintendo's only focus after the year it's had.

They were definitely hesitating to label it as a 3DS successor at first, since they would've wanted to leave it open in case Switch didn't do so well, but they'll be all in on Switch at this point.

I thinnk the main reason is, that the 3DS was/is still selling good, so they targeted at first home console.

I doubt they could fix up a new hardware in a year, if they wanted to bring a successor to 3DS in case Switch fails, they must have at least played around with some prototypes. Not that we would ever know about it if they did.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Nintendo is going to make 25-30 million Switches in FY 2018. They are putting a lot of eggs in this basket. My guess is they are going to do everything they can to sell 100 million units over the lifetime of the Switch.

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”

Around the Network
Success is all 'relative' so to speak and it's also on a continuous scale too ...

If the Switch sold 3DS numbers and people consider it to be a success then retroactively, the 3DS would also be successful by that measure ...

Well, I would consider the 3DS a success at this point. It beat it's competition, it's probably turned profit (thats why Nintendo keeping it alive to keep the $$$ flowing), it has an extensive game library and it sold a decent number of consoles (80 million is nothing to scoff at). If you say  then PSP is a success - well it fails the first criteria, but overall I don't think  PSP was a failure and would be OK with it called a success.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Switch will do somewhere between Wii & DS numbers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

IkePoR said:
The gaming market is growing daily and the Switch is blazing hot with Nintendo chasing these third parties down to make their machine even more appealing. The indie scene is already great and one can only assume Nintendo's kicking out yen yen yen to get the thing promoted. I think it's very possible with their current efforts to hit between 70 and 90 million.

I see the Switch hitting 70m pretty solidly during the next 4.5 years. However, if Nintendo is to release a Switch 2, I can see the og Switch coasting to 80 during the first couple of years of Switch 2's cycle.

If the market is there however, and Nintendo has no inclination to proceed with the next console, I expect Switch to rumble into 90m pretty handily.

I see the market as shrinking for the big three. just look at the handheld market 230 milliom with psp and ds to 85 million with with vita, and 3DS. look at how bad xbone and wiiu did compared to there predecessor. switch will start off strong , but it will slow down next year hard, i also expect ps5 and the nextxbox to  struggle, especially the nextbox,probably there last console.  

I thought the 3DS was a success? Its on its way to 70mil. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

That's not how it works. That eliminates all context from the equation.