By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Reddit Member Spills The Beans On Upcoming Nintendo Switch Titles?

Who is this guy that he has access to rumours from several major companies?

Logic states he’s full of crap, merely speculating based on evidence we all have access to. These are not rumours he’s heard, just bullshit he made up.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Nem said:
I have to say... what the hell is the point of retro games if they can't even make metroid prime anymore? That game they are making has to be worth more than MP4 to be honestly worth the resources.

Maybe it's something we didn't expect. :)

Well... it has to be massive given it's going towards 4 years of development time. I bet that whatever it was, it was being worked on for the Wii U and had to shift to the switch.

Btw meant to spell Retro studios. They aren't called Retro games. Oops!

Jumpin said:

Logic states he’s full of crap, merely speculating based on evidence we all have access to. These are not rumours he’s heard, just bullshit he made up.

He leaked the Injustice DLC a couple weeks ago, which wasnt an obvious guess, not many people expected Ninja Turtles to be in that game.

That doesnt mean this leak is true but at least we know the guy does have some inside sources.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

GoOnKid said:

Mentioning Mother 3 turned all of this into a pile of wet dreams. I don't believe most of this, and the few things I do believe are noting more than educated guesses.

^

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

zorg1000 said:
Jumpin said:

He leaked the Injustice DLC a couple weeks ago, which wasnt an obvious guess, not many people expected Ninja Turtles to be in that game.

That doesnt mean this leak is true but at least we know the guy does have some inside sources.

We have evidence that he has one source, a different source from all the other companies he’s mentioned, and also a different country than those companies. In addition, it’s from an American company with huge amounts of QA (we can probably deduce he’s American by the fact that he wrote in very colloquial English). He could be some punk tester.

Has he had any predictions from Square, Nintendo, Capcom, or Namco before? There is a world of difference between having info on one company from your country, that you might work for and have information from 4 other companies you don’t work for in a completely different country with a completely different language.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 14 November 2017

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
zorg1000 said:

We have evidence that he has one source, a different source from all the other companies he’s mentioned, and also a different country than those companies. In addition, it’s from an American company with huge amounts of QA (we can probably seduce he’s American by the fact that he wrote in very colloquial English). He could be some punk tester.

Has he had any predictions from Square, Nintendo, Capcom, or Namco before? There is a world of difference between having info on one company from your country, that you might work for and having information from 4 other companies you don’t work for in a completely different country with a completely different language.

I get what you mean, im going to remain skeptical until proven otherwise as well, i was just pointing that the person has had correct leaks before so its possible this is correct.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Jumpin said:

We have evidence that he has one source, a different source from all the other companies he’s mentioned, and also a different country than those companies. In addition, it’s from an American company with huge amounts of QA (we can probably seduce he’s American by the fact that he wrote in very colloquial English). He could be some punk tester.

Has he had any predictions from Square, Nintendo, Capcom, or Namco before? There is a world of difference between having info on one company from your country, that you might work for and having information from 4 other companies you don’t work for in a completely different country with a completely different language.

I get what you mean, im going to remain skeptical until proven otherwise as well, i was just pointing that the person has had correct leaks before so its possible this is correct.

Haha, I understand what you meant, I am not trying to make an argument against you, rather an interpretation of the information. If these games were closer to launch in localized markets, he could have this information based on the fact that software likely has to go through a single Nintendo's QA approval channel. But these games would all be in the dev stage nowhere near that stage. They would be completely internal within those four separate companies. Japanese publishers have also been known to keep information on projects secret, even from other internal and affiliated studios. So, in order for this guy to have this information, he would have to have to be speaking to at least 4 Japanese friends from 4 different video game companies, each with loose tongues. Or he's a widely sought after voice actor, and they're adding voice acting to Mother 3 - voice actors have been known to leak details before, but only ever on one game at a time, and always close to launch on games we already know about.

I also noticed that I wrote "seduce" instead of "deduce" in my last post. Let's ignore that ever happened!

Ka-pi96 said:
monocle_layton said:

I mean, I think having to pay $4.99 for super mario bros on every system is a worse decision.

Not at all. At least you'll still forever be able to play it on that system, no need to keep paying that $4.99 every month for ever in order to be able to play it...

Wasn't their online platform supposed to be $20 a year? That's $1.6 per month for obviously much more than 1 game.  

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Jumpin said:

I also noticed that I wrote "seduce" instead of "deduce" in my last post. Let's ignore that ever happened!

No, i think you're onto something here, he must have seduced a bunch of people to get all this info

I don't really believe this rumour list or that this person has sources in all of these publishers, but most of these aren't as implausible as it sounds.
  • A Switch port of Dragon Ball FighterZ is in the works and will likely come out in Fall/Winter 2018.
  • Soul Calibur VI is in development for Nintendo Switch (alongside PS4 and PC). Link would return as a guest character on the Switch version.
    Both of these make sense given next year is Soul Calibur's 20th anniversary and it's been five years since the last game released. With engines being more scalable and Switch's architecture being relatively modern, cross-platform ports of some titles are already happening and will continue to happen, especially when it comes to Japanese publishers.
  • There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon’s 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.
    Nintendo have Pokemon Switch's release date down as "2018 or later". My guess is their preference is late 2018, for obvious reasons. It's not unreasonable Game Freak will have something ready - Sun/Moon was made using an existing game engine and the Ultra versions were made using existing assets. That's not a huge amount of work - Game Freak may have put a core team on building a Switch prototype a while ago and may have moved the majority of their staff onto the project earlier this year or late last year.
  • Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I’ve heard. I’m hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don’t know which development studio.
    This one doesn't make much sense to me. Why would Nintendo mention an 'all new team' rather than announcing a collaboration with a major partner? Granted, Namco did supply a lot of staff for Smash, but I find this less than likely. I also don't think we'll see anything of Prime 4 until E3 2018.
  • There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.
    This seems obvious to me. The app is out soon to drive visibility for the franchise, and we haven't had an all-new entry since 2012/13. Animal Crossing Switch could shift 10 million copies and help Switch maintain momentum.
  • The Switch’s Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.
    Nintendo have publicly announced a subscription service for Switch - Nintendo Classic Game Selection. What this means for Virtual Console is unclear.
  • Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I’ve heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.
    Given Eurogamer reported on the localised Mother 3 a while ago, and given their good track record with Nintendo based rumours, I do think a Mother 3 localisation exists somewhere at Nintendo. Even if they have since shelved plans to bring it out, that doesn't mean it was scrapped entirely - just look at Star Fox 2. It's also true Nintendo have localised and launched niche Japan-only titles before (e.g. Sin and Punishment on Wii VC). Mother 3 might be a high profile fan-favourite to launch Virtual Console.
  • According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
    No idea how likely this is.
  • Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I’m not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.
    This was hinted at a while ago, so I expect this poster is recycling this rumour. This would make some sense - especially now Switch is selling strongly and expectations around future sales are high.

source - https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/