By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Reddit Member Spills The Beans On Upcoming Nintendo Switch Titles?

A huge leak may have just emerged on Reddit as member DasVergeben could have just spilled the beans on a number of upcoming video games. As always these kinds of posts should be taken with a grain of salt, but it’s certainly worth a read:

• A Switch port of Dragon Ball FighterZ is in the works and will likely come out in Fall/Winter 2018.
  • Soul Calibur VI is in development for Nintendo Switch (alongside PS4 and PC). Link would return as a guest character on the Switch version.
  • There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon’s 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.
  • Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I’ve heard. I’m hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don’t know which development studio.
  • There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.
  • The Switch’s Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.
  • Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I’ve heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.
  • According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I’m not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.

source - https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/

Around the Network

Sounds great, the only thing that would make me worried is the Metroid Prime 4 being developed by Namco part.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Mentioning Mother 3 turned all of this into a pile of wet dreams. I don't believe most of this, and the few things I do believe are noting more than educated guesses.

Now let's fill 50 pages of discussion about random rumors which are 99% likely to be false.

Nothing about this seems too good to be true or complete implausible. All Nintendo have said about the Prime 4 developers is that they are a "talented new development team".

As for the pokemon situation, I hope they don't "pressure" them too much to meet 2018, moving from 3ds to Switch is going to massively increase the amount of work needed, we need them to nail this and not be rushed.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Sounds great, the only thing that would make me worried is the Metroid Prime 4 being developed by Namco part.

It all depends on who is designing / directing the game.
The people doing the grunt work are, in cases almost irrelevant.

If there is good game design and the project is managed well it should not matter all too much who is doing the assets.
That is assuming they are not taking a more collaborative approach to game design.

With the only exception of TWEWY2, these are all pretty safe predictions, mostly. There's no reason why this should be something other than a safe guess.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

With the only exception of TWEWY2, these are all pretty safe predictions, mostly. There's no reason why this should be something other than a safe guess.

How is Soul Calibur VI for Switch, but not Xbox One a safe prediction? 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Darwinianevolution said:

The Switch has been getting all of the fighting games, and NamcoBandai has gotten a really good success with Xenoverse 2, so it getting another fighting game is a safe bet. It not arriving to the XBOne is probably wrong, but I was talking about the predictions related to the Switch, so I didn't pay that much attention to that part.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Alkibiádēs said:
Darwinianevolution said:

When a port of a 20 year old fighting game on Switch sells better than Tekken 7 on Xbox One, it sounds like a safe bet. 

Last edited by Green098 - on 12 November 2017