By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

I like both but consoles usually have better exclusives and in the case of Switch also brings you way more flexibility.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

Its not. Majority of console gamers cant afford top tier PCs for the ultimate experience.
Its like them trying to say a 2017 3 series BMW is better than a 2017 7 series BMW. Because they can only afford the 3 series so it becomes there baby.

Sure. As a PC gamer, you can choose to pour time and money into handbuilding a rig with more power but surveys have shown that the majority of Steam users have weaker PC's than PS4. According to you, is that also because they can't afford an expensive rig? Or could it simply be because people have loads of fun on their console/weaker PC and don't see the need to buy new hardware to make it look prettier?

For me personally, your claim could not be further from the truth. I have an old (but gold) PC rig but I'm busy with life and I find myself more often than not choosing to play on one of my consoles when I want to relaxe for a few hours. I'm up and running in seconds. That has nothing to do with not being able to afford an expensive PC rig. My income is high.

Besides, I remember reading somewhere that the total spending between console and PC gamers is pretty close because the average console gamer spends more money on games and less on hardware whereas the average PC gamer spends less money on games and more on hardware. And maybe that's a good thing as games like The Witcher 3 wouldn't exist without the high income from consoles.

Last edited by Replicant - on 11 November 2017

It's mostly two way street Lewis - and those attacks, from what I've usually seen, mostly come from PC gamers that are into PCs for last 10 or so years and feel that powah is the most important thing about PC gaming.

I never called myself PC gamer, though I mostly play on PC, but I have no problem calling myself (primarily) computer gamer, since that's my backgorund - C64, Amiga, PC (since '95) - and I do it mostly for genres - computers are home of P&C adventures and war strategies, 2 genres I've been playing since early 80s - plus, computers were always home of what was called back in days "bedroom/garage developers", and now it's called indies.

Of course, cheaper game prices, mods, enormous library, backward/forward compatibility, (relatively) easy upgrading, kb/m controls and (finally) option to tune the gfx settings to your liking are all nice to have as well.

To answer the OP, I choose to play on my consoles more often than on my PC, simply because I'm reaching the goal faster which is to sit back in my couch and have fun. My time is limited. I don't want to waste it on not having fun.

As Peter Tran puts it:

Console:
1. Buy game
2. Put game in
3. Play game

PC:
1. Check to see if your hardware will be up to it
2. Buy the game
3. Put the game in
4. Find out that the disc has no data on it
5. Download and install the game through some DRM software
6. Run the game
7. Game crashes on loading of the main menu
8. Spend a few hours on the internet to figure out why
9. Figure out that it's a specific issue with a certain program you have
10. Uninstall that program
11. Run the game
12. Configure all your graphical settings to make sure it runs well
13. Study the controls and configure the keyboard
14. Start the game
15. Game breaks
16. Spend a few hours on the internet to figure out why
17. Find out that it's a bad port
18. Wait for a patch
19. One week later install patch
20. Play game
21. Find out it's horribly optimized
22. Turn down graphics settings to minimum
23. Play game locked at console settings anyway

- Using keyboard + mouse instead of a controller makes a lot of games nearly unplayable.
- My laptop is probably not powerful enough to play a lot of games. But I don't want to spend a lot of money on hardware, and I    don't know much about technological stuff.
- Lack of Nintendo games.

Around the Network

-So much more simpler to buy a console and that's your gaming platform sorted for 5-8 years without having to modify anything.
-less space taken up in house
-no need for keyboards and mouse
-more reliable
-No Need for a monitor
-pretty much all my friends own consoles and not PCs so more sociable online (in my case)

-Console exclusive games are better

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

It's just my custom.

There is no special reason.

You know what? Nevermind. How do I delete previous comments? Can a mod do it for me? It is painful to read this thread but equally annoying to see an orange "!" on my screen.

Convenience
Simplicity
Its more Social & Family Friendly
Exclusives

The result is that its simply more fun for me.

d21lewis said:
I think of building a PC like building a car. Yeah, you could probably build the best car in the world from cobbled together parts but that would take a lot of effort, probably be more expensive, and the average person probably wouldn't know what to think when they saw your creation.

It's probably much easier to just go to the dealer and choose whatever model of Honda Civic tickles your fancy.

Well, you could sell some of your Xboxes (and other consoles you have double or triple) and add a nice gaming PC to your gaming hardware collection for that. ;)