By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

My YouTube recommendations are, for some reason, overflowing with videos from PC gamers attacking console games. Whenever I see a Facebook post from Sony or Microsoft, there's a guarantee that somebody will comment "My  PC can blah, blah." I've never been a PC gamer (or really given much consideration about the habits and thought process of the PC gamer) so I can't really refute their arguments. At the same time, they seem to have some misconceptions about the current state of console gaming as well.

I'd just like to know why you choose to be a console only "peasant", compared to the "Glorious PC Master Race".

Around the Network

I can take it to work and play it there in my downtime without taking up much space (Talking about the Switch)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Its not. Majority of console gamers cant afford top tier PCs for the ultimate experience.
Its like them trying to say a 2017 3 series BMW is better than a 2017 7 series BMW. Because they can only afford the 3 series so it becomes there baby.

And for the record. Console gamers attack each other alot more compared to PC fanboys entering the battle.

For me the main draw of consoles is simple convenience; I plug it into my TV, and it plays. I don't need to worry about drivers, upgrading parts, tinkering under the hood or any of that, which is frankly all Greek to me since I'm not computer-savvy.

This one is simple..... cheaper and more straight forward. Emphasis on the straight forward part.

And I am way past the PC master race types. I can't even begin to fathom how stupid it is for anyone to think that because they are playing a game at higher framerates with better visuals they are somehow better than anyone else or living a better life. That to me is the pinnacle of stupidity and self entitlement.

Mind you, i think this of anyone that talks about how their pixels are better than someone elses as if in the grand scheme of things that fucking matters.

Around the Network

People forget that everything is subjective when it comes to what platform is best. Whether you prefer physical games, or digital games is subjective. Whether you want a $200 cheap machine that just runs games, or a $700 PC is subjective. How much of a difference 30 vs 60 FPS, as well as resolution makes, is subjective. Whether or not the extra graphics are worth the extra cost is subjective. What library is better? Depends on what games you like.

I prefer consoles over PC, because I can't stand to live without the Nintendo/Sony exclusives, and after you remove the multiplats from the PC library there's little to keep me interested. I prefer physical over digital, because digital games have no value and cost more money on release day. I just don't care about having better graphics. I'd rather have something that just works, no questions asked. I'd rather build an epic collection, than an epic rig.

Oh, and as far as Master Race goes, I'm far more interested in what games you play than what platform you play on. You only play online FPS games? Okay, then that makes you a plebeian. You've only beaten a single Zelda game your entire life? Plebeian! You don't bother with games made before 2007 because you think they are too old? PLEBEIAN!

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 10 November 2017

People make a much bigger deal out of the "PC Master Race" thing than is actually warranted. It's being scared of the boogie man. Most people use it as a joke, and whenever a console fan gets corrected for saying something stupid they assume that makes the correcter a "PC Master Race douche". Seriously, don't bring up PC Master Race so much and the boogie man will magically disappear.

Azzanation said:

Its not. Majority of console gamers cant afford top tier PCs for the ultimate experience.
Its like them trying to say a 2017 3 series BMW is better than a 2017 7 series BMW.
Because they can only afford the 3 series so it becomes there baby.

And for the record. Console gamers attack each other alot more compared to PC fanboys entering the battle.

See what I mean?

to use your anology....

the 3 series or 7 series is not relevant if they are both gonna get you to the theater just the same and you watch the same movie.

And someone reading this.... you make it sound like everyone like you (PC gamer) drives a 7 series (has a maxed out rig)

curl-6 said:

For me the main draw of consoles is simple convenience; I plug it into my TV, and it plays. I don't need to worry about drivers, upgrading parts, tinkering under the hood or any of that, which is frankly all Greek to me since I'm not computer-savvy.

this.

And also, I like leaning back and relaxing on the couch rather than hunching forward in a chair.

I am a huge fan of racing games, and the analog sticks are much more suitable for that than mouse and keyboard.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I think of building a PC like building a car. Yeah, you could probably build the best car in the world from cobbled together parts but that would take a lot of effort, probably be more expensive, and the average person probably wouldn't know what to think when they saw your creation.

It's probably much easier to just go to the dealer and choose whatever model of Honda Civic tickles your fancy.