By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

Platina said:
S.Peelman said:
Someone's grinning at you and takes a bow.

*Looks at your avi*

Is it Majora's Mask now?

Very good. Yes now indeed it is Majora's Mask!

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

game #30

Hint 1: Play the rebel army. Not one rebel, the rebel army.

Hint 2: No, not Star Wars.

Hint 3: Press everything out of your captured enemies - even personal stats.

Hint 4: If we step on each others head in form of a tower, we can make more damage!

Nobody guessed that. It is Digaea 5.

The game put crazyness not only into the story, but also into the gameplay. You can make human (err... demon) towers, to attack. You can dive into an item to fight there and increase the level of the item while at it. You can bribe or fight senators to change game rules according to your wishes. You can throw some units and they explode on impact. Who even gets such ideas. This is a lot of fun.

It is helpful that it is also turn-based strategy, a genre I like. Even more with RPG-elements in it, which Disgaea uses strongly. I can't get around it, that so far I missed completely out on this great series.

I played it on Switch and I hope NIS releases the next game in the series also on Switch, because the turn-based nature and the small levels are practically made for mobile play. It was also released on PS4. I think this would've been a great fit on Vita, but seemingly NIS disagreed.

Wikipedia, MobyGames, OGDB, IGDB

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm falling behind, so more games to guess.

game #29

Hint 1: Everything land or everything water, which is too much?

Hint 2: The wise tree leading you in this game is Birch.

Arminillo guessed Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, it is Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, which wasn't clear by the hints so far.

game #28

Hint 1: The original game played in a Villa.

Hint 2: Do you want to pick locks or take more damage?

Hint 3: This game spawned one of the most iconic game series.

Hint 4: The original release featured an intro-movie that was a real video with real actors. This scene was in remakes replaced by a render-movie.

game #27

Hint 1: This mash-up between two franchises let's you single-handedly defeat hordes of enemies, while for some big monsters you may need the help of certain items.

Guessed correctly by LiquidLaser: Hyrule Warriors.

game #26

Hint 1: Your spaceship breaks down and you are stranded on this strange planet.

game #25

Hint 1: This game kicked off professional e-sports-leagues - in Korea.

game #24

Hint 1: This game has a diamond horse.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 07 December 2017

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

TruckOSaurus said:

Flilix said:

No, but you're very close.

Game & Wario

Almost...

#27 Hint 1: Shows off the capabilities of the system, you don't even need to use buttons!
Hint 2: Microgames.
Not Game & Wario, not Warioware Smooth Moves.

#25 Hint 1: Shoot enemies throughout history, with this Sega Classic.
Hint 2: Okay, you don't really travel through time, but each chapter is set in a different time period.
Hint 3: Reach the exit before time runs out.

Mnementh said:

game #29

Arminillo guessed Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, it is Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, which wasn't clear by the hints so far.

game #28

Hint 4: The original release featured an intro-movie that was a real video with real actors. This scene was in remakes replaced by a render-movie.

game #27

Hint 1: This mash-up between two franchises let's you single-handedly defeat hordes of enemies, while for some big monsters you may need the help of certain items.

game #26

game #25

game #24

#26: Pikmin 3
#25: StarCraft

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Mnementh said:

game #29

game #28

game #27

game #26

game #25

game #24

#26: Pikmin 3
#25: StarCraft

Starcraft is correct, but Pikmin 3 was already my game #42.

Mnementh said:

game #28

28 is Resident Evil I think.

Darashiva said:
Mnementh said:

game #28

28 is Resident Evil I think.

That is correct.

Mnementh said:

game #29

game #28

game #27

game #26

game #25

game #24

24 is Minecraft?

Also, would you say that Disgaea 5 is substantially better/different than the previous games.  I played Disgaea 2, and i liked it, but there are several other tactical RPGs that I like more.  I haven't played another Disgaea since, but I would be willing to check it out again if it is significantly improved or changed.

Mnementh said:
Mnementh said:

game #30

Hint 1: Play the rebel army. Not one rebel, the rebel army.

Hint 2: No, not Star Wars.

Hint 3: Press everything out of your captured enemies - even personal stats.

Hint 4: If we step on each others head in form of a tower, we can make more damage!

Nobody guessed that. It is Digaea 5.

The game put crazyness not only into the story, but also into the gameplay. You can make human (err... demon) towers, to attack. You can dive into an item to fight there and increase the level of the item while at it. You can bribe or fight senators to change game rules according to your wishes. You can throw some units and they explode on impact. Who even gets such ideas. This is a lot of fun.

It is helpful that it is also turn-based strategy, a genre I like. Even more with RPG-elements in it, which Disgaea uses strongly. I can't get around it, that so far I missed completely out on this great series.

I played it on Switch and I hope NIS releases the next game in the series also on Switch, because the turn-based nature and the small levels are practically made for mobile play. It was also released on PS4. I think this would've been a great fit on Vita, but seemingly NIS disagreed.

Wikipedia, MobyGames, OGDB, IGDB

As a fan of Disgaea and a person who plat Disgaea 5, it's interesting that I don't remember reading those hints. Even though I read every post so far, must be skimming too hard.