By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

TruckOSaurus said:

Time for some more hints (in the form of alternate titles):

#47: That's Not Of Mutation Works 5
#43: 
AAA Energy-sucking Medusa 3: Politics In General

#41:  Something's Gone Wrong In  The Happy-Go-Lucky World of Nintendo 2
#40: Desecrator of Final Resting Place
#39: Mushroom Zombies
#38: Whips Are Cool IV
#37: Not Explored Yet 2: With Robbers
#36: Ugly Boxart 2

Is 39 Resident Evil?

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Time for some more hints (in the form of alternate titles):

#47: That's Not Of Mutation Works 5
#43: 
AAA Energy-sucking Medusa 3: Politics In General

#41:  Something's Gone Wrong In  The Happy-Go-Lucky World of Nintendo 2
#40: Desecrator of Final Resting Place
#39: Mushroom Zombies
#38: Whips Are Cool IV
#37: Not Explored Yet 2: With Robbers
#36: Ugly Boxart 2

Is 39 Resident Evil?

Nope... I could have called it Spore Zombies too.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Is 39 Resident Evil?

The Last of Us?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

The_Liquid_Laser said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

#35 This is the first SNES entry in a very prolific franchise. It has arguably the best controls for your main weapon compared to every other entry in the franchise.
Hint: The game involves you fighting your way through the home of the game's main protagonist.

#35 Hint 3: At the end of this game you battle the most evil being in the world, and it's not the devil.

Super Castlevania IV

The_Liquid_Laser said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

#36 This PC game lets you get as close to the D&D experience as possible through adventure creation and even allowing the GM to change the adventure on the fly.
Hint 2: Although the game came with a full single player campaign, the level editor was touted as the game's main feature.

#35 This is the first SNES entry in a very prolific franchise. It has arguably the best controls for your main weapon compared to every other entry in the franchise.
Hint: The game involves you fighting your way through the home of the game's main protagonist.

Time to add some more clues

#36 Hint 3:The title refers to a city in the Forgotten Realms, and it's not Baldur's Gate

#35 Hint 3: At the end of this game you battle the most evil being in the world, and it's not the devil.

#36: Neverwinter Nights? I never played it, but it was very popular.

#35: Super Castlevania IV

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

game #36

Hint 1: Keep your sanity and gain fame.

Hint 2: Play as Charles Darwin, Marie Curie, Nikola Tesla, Amelia Earhart or many other famous explorers or scientists.

Hint 3: The golden pyramid awaits you!

Hint 4: The expeditions are generated randomly.

game #35

Hint 1: In this game you travel into space. With a train? To have your music tourney? On a graveyard?

Hint 2: Make millions!

Hint 3: The company who made this game back then is now famous for one of the most successful shooters and the development of the engine used by the publisher who bought them.

Hint 4: Although the publisher who bought them destroyed many game companies it bought, the one that made that game thrives.

game #34

Hint 1: Lost on a ship.

Hint 2: In this game return two characters from the first game in the series as playable characters.

Hint 3: The two characters I talked about end up actually on different ships.

Hint 4: There is a third, sunken ship.

game #33

Hint 1: This famous adventurer with a hat and a whip is the hero of this game and the movie.

Hint 2: This game corresponds to the third movie of the series.

This was nearly guessed by S.Peelman and then correctly by LiquidLaser: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure (because yes, there was a second game based on the last crusade)

game #32

Hint 1: Why does the earth rumble?

Hint 2: I make a hat out of my defeated enemies!

Hint 3: The city at the edge of the desert is replaced by a port town in the remake.

Hint 4: Something Devilish can turn up unexpectedly in other battles.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

S.Peelman said:
This is the only game in this long series where a relative of the protagonist, who is mostly a lonely person, dies.

Time for a second hint then;

#35 - Hint 2

An honourable death though, and upon your uncle's last breath he hands you his sword.

Slarvax said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The Last of Us?

Exactly!

Signature goes here!

S.Peelman said:
S.Peelman said:
This is the only game in this long series where a relative of the protagonist, who is mostly a lonely person, dies.

Time for a second hint then;

#35 - Hint 2

An honourable death though, and upon your uncle's last breath he hands you his sword.

Zelda: A Link to the Past

mZuzek said:
Slarvax said:

An indie metroidvania where you play as a scientist in another planet.

Axiom Verge? Not sure if that's on another planet or whatever, I don't remember much. Only played maybe the game's first half or less because I just didn't enjoy it at all.

Blasphemy! Axiom Verge is awesome!

Signature goes here!