By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

Hint for #35

This three letter word never changes.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
Nier Automata is also in my list, but waaaaay higher than #36.

That's fair enough! It was a really outstanding game.

Darashiva said: 

#34: The last member of a species of dangerous aliens helps you defeat the game's final boss.

Super Metroid

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

game #33

Hint 1: This famous adventurer with a hat and a whip is the hero of this game and the movie.

Hint 2: This game corresponds to the third movie of the series.

Well the third movie The Last Crusade obviously, which I know also has a game, but I thought The Infernal Machine was the Indy game that's looked favorably upon. Maybe not, I don't know though, never played any.

I never played infernal machine, and it is an action-adventure, not a point-and-click which I like.

But yes, correct, The Last Crusade.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

game #34

Hint 1: Lost on a ship.

Hint 2: In this game return two characters from the first game in the series as playable characters.

game #33

Hint 1: This famous adventurer with a hat and a whip is the hero of this game and the movie.

#34 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

#33 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure

#34: LOL, still I think if I ever played Monkey Island it should be higher on the list

#33: Correct, but S.Peelman beat you to it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network

game #36

Hint 1: Keep your sanity and gain fame.

Hint 2: Play as Charles Darwin, Marie Curie, Nikola Tesla, Amelia Earhart or many other famous explorers or scientists.

Hint 3: The golden pyramid awaits you!

game #35

Hint 1: In this game you travel into space. With a train? To have your music tourney? On a graveyard?

Hint 2: Make millions!

Hint 3: The company who made this game back then is now famous for one of the most successful shooters and the development of the engine used by the publisher who bought them.

game #34

Hint 1: Lost on a ship.

Hint 2: In this game return two characters from the first game in the series as playable characters.

Hint 3: The two characters I talked about end up actually on different ships.

game #33

Guessed by S.Peelman and LiquidLaser: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure (because yes, there was a second game based on the last crusade)

game #32

Hint 1: Why does the earth rumble?

Hint 2: I make a hat out of my defeated enemies!

Hint 3: The city at the edge of the desert is replaced by a port town in the remake.

Mnementh said:

game #33

Guessed by S.Peelman and LiquidLaser: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure (because yes, there was a second game based on the last crusade)

Thanks, but technically I was thinking about that NES platformer so I didn't really guess it.

Ka-pi96 said:
Darashiva said:

And here are the hints for the next three games:

#35: Climbing ancient landmarks, but this time in Italy.

#34: The last member of a species of dangerous aliens helps you defeat the game's final boss.

#33: The second game in the series. Has one of the most famous train levels ever.

#35: Assassin's Creed 2?

#33: Uncharted 2?

Correct on both.

Slarvax said:
Darashiva said: 

Super Metroid

That's the one.

Ka-pi96 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Hint for #35

This three letter word never changes.

Do you mean war? Are there any games just called war? Gonna assume it's got other words too so...

Hogs of War?

You are so close it hurts.  War is correct. Hogs of War is not. War never changes. 

The Operative: No One Lives Forever

• Windows PC
  • First-person Shooter
  • Monolith Productions

Of the shooters on my list, 'The Operative: No One Lives Forever' is probably the most recognizable, but also the least well known. Taking an obvious inspiration from the 1960's James Bond movies, it follows the mission of Agent Cate Archer in taking down an evil crime lord who wants nothing else than subdue the world using the most complicated schemes possible.

Like any good '60s spy-story, this evil crime lord has a host of henchmen with exaggerated personalities that try to thwart the player every once in a while. Besides cliche characters, every cliche location is present as well. Of course, the private plane and evil lairs, the scuba diving, a space station or alpine chases can't be absent. The game combines all those elements in a lighthearted yet engaging story and it remains conscious of it's choice to be this cliche. It's so bad, it's funny.

I don't remember how, why or when I first played this game, I just know it made a place for itself among the greats. Being a unique game like this can do this easier than a 'safer' game could for me. There was a sequel which boasted impressive graphics for it's time and a continuation of the storyline with new characters and locations just as perfectly cliched as those in this game. It is hard to pick one for the list though, and I didn't want to include both. Like with some other series with a similar dilemma, the novelty factor wins out.