By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

OK, finally hints for my TOP 3.

game #3

Hint 1: You kill these majestic beasts for their flesh.

game #2

Hint 1: The remake of this dungeon delver with mapping on a grid included not only updated graphics, but also a complete new additional story-mode.

game #1

Obviously the best game of all times.

Hint 1: This is the third installment of a once very popular strategy series, which involved building up armies through your cities that join your heroes and fight the enemies heroes and their armies or try to take over enemy cities.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
I havent been able to follow this thread due to being to busy but heres clues to my top 5.

#5 xxxx La xxxxxxxxxx
#4 "The right post in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
#3 Actions can have strange consequences
#2 "Ride the chariot"
#1 Was also a character in the film Bambi.

#1 Thumper

I'll do my top 3 when these are all guessed.

Hint 1: A ghost haunts a mysterious village.
Hint 2: It's not the first game released in the series, but story-wise it comes first.
Hint 3: A flute.
Hint 4: There's a user on this site who's name and avy are both the main character of the franchise this game belongs to.
Hint 5: The seventh entry in this franchise released recntly on the 3DS.
Hint 6: It's a 3rd party Nintendo-exclusive franchise.

Hint 1: Easter Island is one of the places you visit.
Hint 2: The desert is another place you visit.
Hint 3: You also visit the ocean.
Hint 4: And Japan too.
Hint 5: First handheld game in this extremely popular franchise.
Hint 6: It released in 1989, in Europe in 1990.

Hint 1: Extreme snowboarding.
Hint 2: Bowling on ice.
Hint 3: Snow machine fight.

Flilix said:
I'll do my top 3 when these are all guessed.

Super Mario Land

S.Peelman said:
Today it's second nature, and I think my hand itself even evolved into something that can easily push these button combinations over the years, but in the beginning it took me a while to figure out that you have to press the shift-key while building walls to stack them.

#6 - Hint 2

And then you can make brilliant theming for your tracks, or better yet hide all the hideous stalls.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Darashiva said:

Hint for #6:

In the destruction of the sixteen lies the key to her resurrection, and your doom.

Shadow of the Colossus.

Correct.

Mnementh said:

OK, finally hints for my TOP 3.

game #3

Hint 1: You kill these majestic beasts for their flesh.

game #2

Hint 1: The remake of this dungeon delver with mapping on a grid included not only updated graphics, but also a complete new additional story-mode.

game #1

Obviously the best game of all times.

Hint 1: This is the third installment of a once very popular strategy series, which involved building up armies through your cities that join your heroes and fight the enemies heroes and their armies or try to take over enemy cities.

#1 is Heroes of MIght and Magic 3
(A very awesome game in a very awesome series.  I put HoMM2 as my #5 game, but I can't fault anyone who prefers HoMM3.)

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

#6 - Hint 2

And then you can make brilliant theming for your tracks, or better yet hide all the hideous stalls.

Is this Rollercoaster Tycoon 2?

Indeed it is.

Time for more hints:

#4 In North America, this spinoff game was released just a few months after the series' most successful entry.

Hint 2: The story of this game is about two childhood friends who took two very different paths as adults.

Hint 3: This is a turn based tactical RPG.

Hint 4: This is a PS1 game.

#3 “Since man first walked upright, he has looked to the stars and wondered, ‘Are we alone in this cold corner of space? If something is out there, would it be friend…or foe?’ What would this Earth man think if he could see a desperate space ship, fleeing at a speed faster than imagination? What would he think if he saw the impact of powerfully potent neutronic missiles upon its fragile frame? What would he make of the strange pod that ejected from the ruined remains, just in time to avoid its mysterious inhabitant’s destruction? And would he gape in wonder at the dozen or so strange canisters that burst from its hold and fell towards the atmosphere of our guileless globe? What emotion would pass through his mind as he observed these selfsame containers as they passed through our atmosphere and fell upon the surface of an unsuspecting metropolis? So many questions and so few answers…until now dear viewers…until now….”

Hint 2: This is a real time tactical RPG.

Hint 3: This PC game pays homage to silver age comic books, especially those created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

#2  I want to give you the whole picture
Yeah, I'd love to tell you more
The girl Messiah was your lover 
or maybe the girl next door?
The first one died and she can't come back
Because she's like no other
The other went in and brought you back
Which will be your lover?

VersusEvil said:
Flilix said:
Hint 1: A ghost haunts a mysterious village.
Hint 2: It's not the first game released in the series, but story-wise it comes first.
Hint 3: A flute.
Hint 4: There's a user on this site who's name and avy are both the main character of the franchise this game belongs to.
Hint 5: The seventh entry in this franchise released recntly on the 3DS.
Hint 6: It's a 3rd party Nintendo-exclusive franchise.

professor layton and the curious village?

Yay!

S.Peelman said:
Flilix said:

Super Mario Land

Yay!