By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - $349 PS4 PRO, vs $499 XBOX ONE X? Which one wins?

PS4 PRO VS XBOX ONE X sales

PS4PRO would sell more 149 44.35%

PS4 PRO would sell way more 111 33.04%

XBOX ONE X would sell the same 23 6.85%

XBOX would sell more 34 10.12%

Xbox would still sell way more 19 5.65%

Total:336

Black Friday is coming, and although the ps4 pro is not advertised on the newly leaked ads..... if sony were to drop the ps4 pro to 349 against the new 499 xbox one x......

do you think the ps4 pro would outsell the xbox one x? Give your thoughts?

mM
Around the Network
Bandorr said:
No clue. Hard to consider either when the "slim" versions are selling for under $200 on black Friday.

yes, and microsoft is advertising the one x like an entirely new console and the main system to get this holiday season for gaming...... sooooo

mM

Good question. I think it really all comes down to supply.

Bandorr said:
No clue. Hard to consider either when the "slim" versions are selling for under $200 on black Friday.

This. The real battle is between the PS4 Slim and Xbox One S.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Launch month always wins unless against another launch or is a massive failure.

Around the Network

I think the One X because it just came out.

I'm assuming we'll see a $399 PS4 Pro holiday bundle before a vanilla $349 SKU.

As for the numbers predictions, it can probably easily be boiled down by looking at production numbers and availability of the respective consoles. I don't see PS4 Pros flying off shelves unless we see some great bundles. I would expect to see more shine behind the XBOX as the newest/bestest, so sales really depend more upon how many units MS ships than anything else. If stock on those is readily available, I'm not sure what to think about the market reception.

It's no shocker or huge prediction that Sony is going to sell far more PS4 slims than either and probably even both combined.

The XBOS stands a good chance at selling more units than the XBOX as well if we're looking at a $249 or maybe even a $199 XBOS compared to a $499 XBOX.

I think the PS4 Pro. The system's just going too strong still. Didn't Sony win last year?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Hopefully we will get the numbers. I think PS4P will easily win. Price is always a big factor

My philosophy is this: Don't settle for what you can get. Get what you want.

PS4 Pro offers a ton of things that the Xbox One X doesn't and vice versa but, at the end of the day, what people want will always triumph over price. Time and again, we've seen companies try to win over gamers with low prices (ie: GameCube vs Xbox or Xbox 360 vs PS3) but when all is said and done, people will buy what appeals to them, even if it's more expensive.

When's the last time you bought a cheap game because the one you really wanted cost more?