By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now Loading: Would You Rather Buy a Xbox One X or PS4 Pro?

Playstation_awaiter said:
Zekkyou said:

Why? The X1X offers the best multi-plat experience in the console space (outside of subjective elements like controllers, ecosystem, etc).

Power isn't everything. 

Of course, but valuing power certainly isn't 'deranged'.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Skeeuk said:
You'd have to be deranged to choose x1x imo

lol this was quoted by a mod.

Indeed, moderators are able to post things in mod chat and ask a user to expand on their comment in the meantime. Our power is great, our wisdom boundless, and our knowledge of changes in user image quality preferences kept sealed in the under-forum vaults.

Grabbed a Pro last year. Looked at getting XOX and Switch this year, but had to end up choosing one. Grabbed a Switch last night, and a digital copy of Mario Odyssey.

I wanted to play Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Forza Horizan 3, and Gears 4, but I am not seeing anything interesting beyond that. On the Switch side I am interested in Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, and Zelda already, and look forward to whatever Pokemon brings. I am able to play Switch while I put on The Voice or a Sporting event on PS Vue, which adds a lot of value over the XOX.

I still plan to get the XOX at some point. I love the idea of evolution within generations. It is just gonna have to wait a bit. Perhapps it will have VR and a $399.99 price point when I get a chance to jump in.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I would buy a ps4 over a xbox one but I would buy a Xbox One X over a Ps4 Pro, I don't like the design of the pro or the value it adds, I always choose the better hardware, I did in 2013 and I did with the redesigns.

Personally I always buy to many games, when the Ps2 and Xbox where kicking I also purchased 100s of games and the backwards compatability program is amazing, some of the best games where made in this generation but also last generation and before that.

Being able to replay Red Dead Redemption, GTA4, Knights of the old republic etc is worth its money in gold to me. I know its not the populair opinion, but yeah I would go for the One X

Twitter @CyberMalistix

If you like the Playstation exclusives. Get the Playstation 4 Pro.

If you like the er... Xbox exclusives? Get the Xbox One X.

If you don't give a crap about brands like myself... Then get both or neither.

Also... Those claiming that the Playstation 4 Pro/Xbox One X is a waste because they are still using a 1080P display... Well. Sorry to break it to you, but there are some large visual enhancements even at 1080P, you truly are missing out on extra fidelity.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
If you like the Playstation exclusives. Get the Playstation 4 Pro.

If you like the er... Xbox exclusives? Get the Xbox One X.

If you don't give a crap about brands like myself... Then get both or neither.

Also... Those claiming that the Playstation 4 Pro/Xbox One X is a waste because they are still using a 1080P display... Well. Sorry to break it to you, but there are some large visual enhancements even at 1080P, you truly are missing out on extra fidelity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvBoXdawzYY&t=17s

yep

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I think when it comes to this question, it ultimately comes down to this: the libraries. Whichever has the library that appeals to the person more is the more fitting buy.... or if you have one of the older versions of said consoles and want to try different games, haha.

Personally, I'd go with a Pro, as that library of games appeals to me more. Although really, I'd go with the older model. It's cheaper

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

This will be the first generation as an adult that I don't own all consoles. Xbox's Play Anywhere strategy is the reason. I've actually considered an XBox One X but not for new titles. For the BC. I still have all my original Xbox and 360 games. I know my 360 my kick the bucket at some point. However a lot of my games are not on the BC list and $500 is steep price to play for old games that I barely play.

Last edited by Darc Requiem - on 08 November 2017

cmay227 said:
A PlayStation website staff chooses a Sony console!!! Amazing!! Had no clue they would choose PlayStation over Xbox what a surprise.

I was thinking the same thing haha. 

I think gamers need to justify there choices these days.

I remember at Launch of both system all gamers talked about was PS4 is better becasue of the better Multiplats etc and that resolution gain over X1. Tables have turned and now it seems they need to dip for staff to say Pro is better becasue of these reasons.

We should go on a MS website and ask there staff which platform they prefer.

End of the day it all comes down to what games you prefer to play.

cmay227 said:
A PlayStation website staff chooses a Sony console!!! Amazing!! Had no clue they would choose PlayStation over Xbox what a surprise.

The far majority of responses in this thread has been in favor off the PS4 Pro. So is that supposed to mean  vgchartz is a Playstation website?