By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now Loading: Would You Rather Buy a Xbox One X or PS4 Pro?

Well I bought PS4Pro and not keen on looking for X1X... but the choosing of the OP was very PS4Pro oriented.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of people getting to experience that new electronics smell. The snes mini didn't get hot enough to get the senses going! Yet realistically it would be CAD 600 of buyers remorse as I would only play Forza Horizon on it. Plus my game time is already booked well into next year with GT Sport, Mario and PSVR. Can't play them all.

Maybe next year. This gen isn't over yet.

Neither....

If i don't have any, then a PS4pro wouldn't make me buy a PS and an XB1x wouldn't make me buy an Xbox.

If I have a PS4 or XB1, then i would get the PS4pro or XB1x respectively. Because those consoles aren't for people trying to buy into the consoles for the first time. They basically give you better of whatever you were already doing.

Eg. I bought my PS4 for $400. Sold it for $200. Bought my PS4pro for $400.

If anyone is buying the PS4pro/XB1x at $400/$500 respectively, then those very same people could have and probably already had bought the PS4/XB1 a while ago....

Intrinsic said:
Neither....

If i don't have any, then a PS4pro wouldn't make me buy a PS and an XB1x wouldn't make me buy an Xbox.

If I have a PS4 or XB1, then i would get the PS4pro or XB1x respectively. Because those consoles aren't for people trying to buy into the consoles for the first time. They basically give you better of whatever you were already doing.

Eg. I bought my PS4 for $400. Sold it for $200. Bought my PS4pro for $400.

If anyone is buying the PS4pro/XB1x at $400/$500 respectively, then those very same people could have and probably already had bought the PS4/XB1 a while ago....

Still holding both.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Zekkyou said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

The Pro and Scorpio are both upgrade hardware designed for enthusiasts and people already in the ecosystem, not so much to entice new customers. So it’s not surprising a bunch of people who prefer PlayStation and uh.. work for a PlayStation website would prefer a Pro.

I gotta say though, even if I preferred PlayStation, the Pro is such a weak upgrade, why bother?

If the X1X is worth it to someone whose previously expressed apathy to image quality/graphics (such as yourself), someone that already cared about those things is likley to value a Pro to a comparable degree. Especially since they're paying quite a bit less. I know I've been quite happy with the Pro. Not amazed, but it's been worth the entry price.

The dynamic obviously further shifts if you're dealing with someone that doesn't own a PS4 at all.

Apathy to image quality/graphics is not accurate at all. Apathy to the blown out of proportions difference between Xbone and PS4 that we saw a million threads about at launch and for awhile after, sure. And the PS4 to Pro represents that same small leap in quality. Fortunately the Scorpio is a massive upgrade to the Xbone, and also has lots of features built in that spruce games up even better. Some of the BC games for example look amazing, as already mentioned in the thread. Plus super sampling support built right in, yowza. That one is less of a draw for me personally because I am waiting to replace the 4k TV my son broke before buying a Scorpio.

The dynamic obviously further shifts if you’re dealing with someone that already owns a PS4 and Xbone and prefers the userface, network, and controller of Xbone.

Around the Network

Seems like a nobrainer to me. PS4 Pro has exclusives.

If only a choice of one it would have to be ps4 pro, the line up is looking great! At least the responses seem like honest answers and not with some kind of tribal consumerism mental illness consumed by fandom.

Pro gives a lot more than I can get on pc. Switch too for that matter. I don't know how worthwhile it was to have everything on pc, but it boils down to this. If Xbox exclusives were not on pc, I would have an X today. It's just how it has turned out.

There you have it.
I'll have both so I cancel myself out.

If I have to choose, definitely ps4 pro due to their library.