By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now Loading: Would You Rather Buy a Xbox One X or PS4 Pro?

From these two options obviously Xbox One X. I've got my PS4 Slim for Japanese games and there is not really much reason for PS4 Pro in such games. I have almost zero interest in Sony's first party games and VR so I don't really need PS4 Pro. And as multiplats machine Xbox One X is way better: it's smaller, it's more quiet, it has better OS and Xbox Live.

Around the Network

The Pro and Scorpio are both upgrade hardware designed for enthusiasts and people already in the ecosystem, not so much to entice new customers. So it’s not surprising a bunch of people who prefer PlayStation and uh.. work for a PlayStation website would prefer a Pro.

I gotta say though, even if I preferred PlayStation, the Pro is such a weak upgrade, why bother?

I would love to have a reason to buy an X1X. I'm happy to pay for more power, and in general the X1X appears to be a better engineered piece of hardware than the Pro (though i appreciate the simplicity of Sony's approach to the Pro). I predominantly game on PC though, so i only buy consoles for their exclusives. Now that MS release theirs on the W10 store, the X1X has become somewhat redundant to me.

I doubt MS care that much, i'm investing a similar amount in software regardless, but i just can't justify an X1X. A console without exclusives is just a shittier PC to me. Maybe if i was rich i'd buy one just to admire it

Seeing as I already own a PS4 so I'll go for a PS4 Pro. Obviously lol.

cmay227 said:
A PlayStation website staff chooses a Sony console!!! Amazing!! Had no clue they would choose PlayStation over Xbox what a surprise.

All that needs to be said.

Around the Network

I have a Pro. I prefer Sony's exclusives so regardless of the power difference I don't have any interest in XB1X.

LudicrousSpeed said:

The Pro and Scorpio are both upgrade hardware designed for enthusiasts and people already in the ecosystem, not so much to entice new customers. So it’s not surprising a bunch of people who prefer PlayStation and uh.. work for a PlayStation website would prefer a Pro.

I gotta say though, even if I preferred PlayStation, the Pro is such a weak upgrade, why bother?

The Pro was my first PS4 = new customer at time of purchase.

LudicrousSpeed said:

If the X1X is worth it to someone whose previously expressed apathy to image quality/graphics (such as yourself), someone that already cared about those things is likley to value a Pro to a comparable degree. Especially since they're paying quite a bit less. I know I've been quite happy with the Pro. Not amazed, but it's been worth the entry price.

The dynamic obviously further shifts if you're dealing with someone that doesn't own a PS4 at all.

Hardware wise the Xbox Obe x is better. Games and exclusive wise Playstation pro is better. I prefer exclusice games over hardware otherwise I would have built a gaming pc better than both consoles combined.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Well I play both Xbox and Playstation because they both have exclusives I want to play.

I don't think I will buy a Pro because I'm content with standard PS4 specs while the PS4 Pro improvements tend be minor, a sharper picture in most cases.

I would like to upgrade to the X1X eventually it makes the most significant visual performance improvements. Also, I like using BC and what it does for that content is fantastic. Gears 3 for example looks like a remaster on X1X.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)