Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite hits 20 million downloads...And so does PUBG

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

So now we are supportive of a game being available on only one platform?

What in the actual fuck? This has got to be the silliest and spinniest spin I’ve ever seen someone spin on Chartz LOL.

Look in the mirror.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

I did, all I saw was a beautiful man and master gamer. What did that have to do with you twisting what he said into that? lol



DonFerrari said:
Chazore said:

Especially when you consider that:

1)Epic had to steal Blue's thunder to gain traction to their already borrowed concept from minecraft and the general horde mode from other games.

2) They are combining their numbers across multiple systems, while PuB is being sold on one system alone.

I find it far more impressive that a paid game, that gaiend traction via word of mouth and streams, managed to roughly gain the same amount of downloads. FN had all kinds of marketing going for it and streaming as well, while PuB had simple word of mouth and some streaming in the mix to get their sales.

So now we are supportive of a game being available on only one platform?

???

What kind of failed spin is this? Never did he say that he supports a game only being in on one platform. He is only saying that its more impressive for PUBG because its paid, and Fortnite is available to 90million plus console players, which PUBG. 

Now, point out where he says he supports the exclusivity.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Replicant said:

Fortnite BR: 20 mill unique players in 1.5 months
PUBG: 20 mill unique players after 7.5 months

Of course 20 mill $30 paid downloads are more impressive than 20 mill free downloads. No doubt.
But some of the comments in this thread is Rocket League all over again regarding the "This game is only popular because it's free."

Fortnite BR has seen huge growth especially in the West whereas China and Korea alone make up 50% of PUBG players.
A lot of streamers are playing Fortnite BR even though they own PUBG. I enjoy the game quite a lot myself.

Very well said my friend. This illustrates perfectly how Fortnite is managing to reach a far greater number of people and faster. It may be free but it's going to be played by a hell of a lot more people in the end. 

DonFerrari said:
Chazore said:

Especially when you consider that:

1)Epic had to steal Blue's thunder to gain traction to their already borrowed concept from minecraft and the general horde mode from other games.

2) They are combining their numbers across multiple systems, while PuB is being sold on one system alone.

I find it far more impressive that a paid game, that gaiend traction via word of mouth and streams, managed to roughly gain the same amount of downloads. FN had all kinds of marketing going for it and streaming as well, while PuB had simple word of mouth and some streaming in the mix to get their sales.

So now we are supportive of a game being available on only one platform?

Oh no you didn't!



LudicrousSpeed said:
I did, all I saw was a beautiful man and master gamer. What did that have to do with you twisting what he said into that? lol

You are a master spinner, so you must be very good in detecting spins.

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

So now we are supportive of a game being available on only one platform?

???

What kind of failed spin is this? Never did he say that he supports a game only being in on one platform. He is only saying that its more impressive for PUBG because its paid, and Fortnite is available to 90million plus console players, which PUBG. 

Now, point out where he says he supports the exclusivity.

Go look at all his comments here... or even better, check his historic in VGC, so much support for MP, nope... support of everything being on PC.

And he said he isn't downplaying Fortnite, but look at the comment he made and I answered.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Replicant said:

Fortnite BR: 20 mill unique players in 1.5 months
PUBG: 20 mill unique players after 7.5 months

Of course 20 mill $30 paid downloads are more impressive than 20 mill free downloads. No doubt.
But some of the comments in this thread is Rocket League all over again regarding the "This game is only popular because it's free."

Fortnite BR has seen huge growth especially in the West whereas China and Korea alone make up 50% of PUBG players.
A lot of streamers are playing Fortnite BR even though they own PUBG. I enjoy the game quite a lot myself.

Very well said my friend. This illustrates perfectly how Fortnite is managing to reach a far greater number of people and faster. It may be free but it's going to be played by a hell of a lot more people in the end. 

DonFerrari said:

So now we are supportive of a game being available on only one platform?

Oh no you didn't!

Yes I did



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

http://www.pcgamer.com/have-a-look-at-four-new-pubg-desert-map-screenshots/

New Map releasing for PUBG. This should be big considering there is only one currently released. Also, PUBG just passed 2.5 Million concurrent players yesterday. This took about a month since it hit 2 Million, the growth rate is slowing, but it is still growing.



fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

LudicrousSpeed said:
I would bet a vast majority of those Fortnite players are free users. I’m literally the only person in my gaming circle who actually bought the game.

PUBGs numbers are of course more impressive considering it’s a paid title and on one platform versus a free title on three.

Good point. I don't care for either games as the genre is not for me but considering that PUBG manages to hold so well against Fortnite despite being a paid game and on the less selling platform of the two big ones, I can't help but see PUBG completely crush Fortnite if they had the common sense of being released on the PS4 too...



DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I did, all I saw was a beautiful man and master gamer. What did that have to do with you twisting what he said into that? lol

You are a master spinner, so you must be very good in detecting spins.

flashfire926 said:

???

What kind of failed spin is this? Never did he say that he supports a game only being in on one platform. He is only saying that its more impressive for PUBG because its paid, and Fortnite is available to 90million plus console players, which PUBG. 

Now, point out where he says he supports the exclusivity.

Go look at all his comments here... or even better, check his historic in VGC, so much support for MP, nope... support of everything being on PC.

And he said he isn't downplaying Fortnite, but look at the comment he made and I answered.

Oh, he's one of those PC elitists...gotcha. Just ignore my reply then, my bad

Last edited by flashfire926 - on 10 November 2017

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

You are a master spinner, so you must be very good in detecting spins.

Go look at all his comments here... or even better, check his historic in VGC, so much support for MP, nope... support of everything being on PC.

And he said he isn't downplaying Fortnite, but look at the comment he made and I answered.

Oh, h's one of those PC elitists...gotcha. Just ignore my reply then, my bad

But he didn't say anywhere in here that PUBG should remain exclusive to PC at all, he said that he felt the sales of PUBG were more impressive because the game is only on one platform and is a paid game. That has nothing to do with PC elitism. Which brings me to my second point...

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I did, all I saw was a beautiful man and master gamer. What did that have to do with you twisting what he said into that? lol

You are a master spinner, so you must be very good in detecting spins.

flashfire926 said:

???

What kind of failed spin is this? Never did he say that he supports a game only being in on one platform. He is only saying that its more impressive for PUBG because its paid, and Fortnite is available to 90million plus console players, which PUBG. 

Now, point out where he says he supports the exclusivity.

Go look at all his comments here... or even better, check his historic in VGC, so much support for MP, nope... support of everything being on PC.

And he said he isn't downplaying Fortnite, but look at the comment he made and I answered.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with your personal issue with another user. Stop dragging things off topic, and if you want to accuse someone of something, actually know what you're talking about instead of assuming. He never said he only wanted PUBG to stay on PC here, you're reading far too much into his comments and applying prior bias.