Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite hits 20 million downloads...And so does PUBG

Both look boring to me.

Around the Network

Thanks to the chinese/asian market, sales have largely decreased here in the west.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Not compareable. One is free. Lol. Why is this a thread?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

But what's the active player base? 1:10?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

NobleTeam360 said:
*yawn* @ Fortnite, can't be too impressed when it's free to download. PUBG, on the other hand, is truly impressive.

It is still quite impressive imo. Obviously not as impressive as a game that costs $60 or however much it costs on steam.

I wonder how many copies will sell on xbox one.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
NobleTeam360 said:
*yawn* @ Fortnite, can't be too impressed when it's free to download. PUBG, on the other hand, is truly impressive.

It is still quite impressive imo. Obviously not as impressive as a game that costs $60 or however much it costs on steam.

I'm more impressed that PUBG did so well and yet has a 56% rating on steam. 

LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

caffeinade said:
20 million people have bought PUBG?

Wow.

And most of it (~19m) is PC, and a large % of that is from China.

However China has resently banned the game, so sales there from this point on should slow alot.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Not compareable. One is free. Lol. Why is this a thread?

See Ka-PI's reply.  

also kinda compareable....Sales wise? maybe not, gameplay wise? yes, player base wise? yes.

Ka-pi96 said:
Acevil said:

So wait, Fortnight is free, and hit 20 million, and PUBG is paid and will hit 20 million? Ya, fortnight is not impressive at all if people are realistically comparing the two. 

Not quite. The battle royale mode is free, but the rest of the game you need to pay for. This 20 million includes both the free part and the paid for part. What would be interesting is if they said how many of those had actually bought the game. I also wonder if they count people who have downloaded the paid game and the free battle royale mode as 2 downloads or just 1.

Bristow9091 said:
Kerotan said:
Fortnite will be the more played game for sure. It's dominating the battle royal market on ps4. Best free game since RL

... Isn't that because it's the ONLY battle royale game on PS4?

Yeah, Iw as wondering if he was ever going to notice that

Meanwhile, there are multiple BR games to be found on PC and I find it more impressive that PuB is earning their 20m, all on a single platform at the current time.

Acevil said:
NobleTeam360 said:

So wait, Fortnight is free, and hit 20 million, and PUBG is paid and will hit 20 million? Ya, fortnight is not impressive at all if people are realistically comparing the two. 

Especially when you consider that:

1)Epic had to steal Blue's thunder to gain traction to their already borrowed concept from minecraft and the general horde mode from other games.

2) They are combining their numbers across multiple systems, while PuB is being sold on one system alone.

I find it far more impressive that a paid game, that gaiend traction via word of mouth and streams, managed to roughly gain the same amount of downloads. FN had all kinds of marketing going for it and streaming as well, while PuB had simple word of mouth and some streaming in the mix to get their sales.