By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite hits 20 million downloads...And so does PUBG

Chazore said:
Bristow9091 said:

... Isn't that because it's the ONLY battle royale game on PS4?

Yeah, Iw as wondering if he was ever going to notice that

Meanwhile, there are multiple BR games to be found on PC and I find it more impressive that PuB is earning their 20m, all on a single platform at the current time.

False. GTA V has battle royale mode too. Epic are geniuses. They have a stranglehold on the massive ps4 marketplace right now.  It's going to be hard to convince us ps4 players to shell out cash for PUGB when they finally bother releasing it on ps4.

Forrnite is still in beta too and is getting updated rapidly.  It's going to be even better by the time Pubg comes asking for our cash .

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

False. GTA V has battle royale mode too. Epic are geniuses. They have a stranglehold on the massive ps4 marketplace right now.  It's going to be hard to convince us ps4 players to shell out cash for PUGB when they finally bother releasing it on ps4.

Forrnite is still in beta too and is getting updated rapidly.  It's going to be even better by the time Pubg comes asking for our cash .

The main game of GTA V is their SP and online, not the mode they tacked on.

Epic merely decided to ride on the success of what Blue created, which isn't to say it's not a good idea, but it's not an original one either. 

Yeah, it's going to be hard, because the majority think PuB is shit to begin with, so really, they don't need to bother convincing that userbase anyway, not when they've had 20m already on PC alone and another few million to bring in via Xbox. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I would bet a vast majority of those Fortnite players are free users. I’m literally the only person in my gaming circle who actually bought the game.

PUBGs numbers are of course more impressive considering it’s a paid title and on one platform versus a free title on three.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I would bet a vast majority of those Fortnite players are free users. I’m literally the only person in my gaming circle who actually bought the game.

PUBGs numbers are of course more impressive considering it’s a paid title and on one platform versus a free title on three.

Aye, I find it more impressive that PuB hit it on one platform alone, let alone being paid.

So far, within my circle, I have only one person play Fn and the rest have been playing PuB for months so far. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Fortnite hitting 20 million Downloads IS impressive.

Of course it is more impressive for a game to Sell 20 million copies, but it is still a great milestone for Fortnite.

Just because a game is FREE doesn't mean that has to be downloaded by everybody, i haven't and i have a PS4 with PS Plus.

To put things in perspective, when Phantom Dust HD released FREE on the Xbox One, Microsoft said to be satisfied with the milestone accomplished by the game, which reached over one million players on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

The Creative Director at Microsoft Studios said this:

“On behalf of Microsoft and Code Mystics, we’d just like to say thank you to the over one million players out there that have checked the game out – this blows away the original numbers of players the game had when first released, and we couldn’t be happier with the level of exposure that it has received.”

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

The main game of GTA V is their SP and online, not the mode they tacked on.

Epic merely decided to ride on the success of what Blue created, which isn't to say it's not a good idea, but it's not an original one either. 

Yeah, it's going to be hard, because the majority think PuB is shit to begin with, so really, they don't need to bother convincing that userbase anyway, not when they've had 20m already on PC alone and another few million to bring in via Xbox. 

Lol here we go again with this original talk. Nothing original about PUBG. They were just the first ones to perfect the concept.  

Forrnite battle royale has been out for far less time . It's already at 20m. Its going to far exceed Pugb for the downloads . Obviously Pugb is more I impressive but let's not take anything away from forrnite which is doing crazy big numbers in a short period. 

Fortnite BR: 20 mill unique players in 1.5 months
PUBG: 20 mill unique players after 7.5 months

Of course 20 mill $30 paid downloads are more impressive than 20 mill free downloads. No doubt.
But some of the comments in this thread is Rocket League all over again regarding the "This game is only popular because it's free."

Fortnite BR has seen huge growth especially in the West whereas China and Korea alone make up 50% of PUBG players.
A lot of streamers are playing Fortnite BR even though they own PUBG. I enjoy the game quite a lot myself.

Last edited by Replicant - on 09 November 2017

That don't fair good for PUBG taking to long to release on PS4.

About the merits of 20M... Fortnite got to 20M a lot faster, so let's see long term which will bring more revenue.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chazore said:
Acevil said:

So wait, Fortnight is free, and hit 20 million, and PUBG is paid and will hit 20 million? Ya, fortnight is not impressive at all if people are realistically comparing the two. 

Especially when you consider that:

1)Epic had to steal Blue's thunder to gain traction to their already borrowed concept from minecraft and the general horde mode from other games.

2) They are combining their numbers across multiple systems, while PuB is being sold on one system alone.

I find it far more impressive that a paid game, that gaiend traction via word of mouth and streams, managed to roughly gain the same amount of downloads. FN had all kinds of marketing going for it and streaming as well, while PuB had simple word of mouth and some streaming in the mix to get their sales.

So now we are supportive of a game being available on only one platform?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Chazore said:

Especially when you consider that:

1)Epic had to steal Blue's thunder to gain traction to their already borrowed concept from minecraft and the general horde mode from other games.

2) They are combining their numbers across multiple systems, while PuB is being sold on one system alone.

I find it far more impressive that a paid game, that gaiend traction via word of mouth and streams, managed to roughly gain the same amount of downloads. FN had all kinds of marketing going for it and streaming as well, while PuB had simple word of mouth and some streaming in the mix to get their sales.

So now we are supportive of a game being available on only one platform?

Hehehehe

Did Chazore supported the "Anti-Consumer" thesis of Exclusive Games?