By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox one X: Digital Foundry on unpatched games and Review

The tests are very impressive indeed.
Almost every game is now hitting their initial target. A shame they didn't use a better CPU though. Would've made just as big of a difference in some games. And that's only for unpatched and unoptimized games.

Around the Network

Having a PS4 and Switch, I was looking into an Xbox One and the decision between the two S and X models came up. I don't own a 4K tv yet, so I saw very little reason to spend three hundred more dollars on the X considering that it plays all the same games as the S, just in a resolution that my TV can't even handle. So I decided to go with the S instead.

CGI-Quality said:
If you don't have an interest in the Xbox One X, and came here just to stir up trouble, the nice thing to do would be to exit now. No further Warnings after this.

OT: Monday Night can't come fast enough!

Please move  this thread to the MS Discussion.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 03 November 2017

CGI-Quality said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Please move  this thread to the MS Discussion.

Eh, Gaming/Microsoft. In this case, it's not a big deal.

OK , But I didn't have an interest in the XBOX ONE X.

Barozi said:
Almost every game is now hitting their initial target. A shame they didn't use a better CPU though. Would've made just as big of a difference in some games. And that's only for unpatched and unoptimized games.

Yeah, a better CPU and It could be probably easily the entry console for the next console generation. I doubt the next gen will be that much better so that an Xbox One X couldn't run the games with lower settings but that CPU... 

Around the Network

The X1X killer App for me will be to never have to watch another play through of mindcraft as I give my son my older X1 and replace it with the X. This was his birthday gift in November so it kind of washes out.

dualshockers just launched their review too, its a great review in my opinion im so hyped! they look at the DF video's also but they add some nice things from their own experience and they add a bit of history, which I love

Twitter @CyberMalistix

CGI-Quality said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Then don't click on the thread. Simple. :)

That exchange is sig worthy.

Last edited by Vasto - on 03 November 2017

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, Gaming/Microsoft. In this case, it's not a big deal.

If reviews of a newly launched console are not supposed to go in gaming, there is something wrong with the forum logic. 

Even if you have no interest in the Xbox One X you should be happy with the console launch since it will increase the 4k assets in all games which will help all platforms and it will also help puch 4k television sales, games sales and overall new hardware is always good for the gaming business, which we all love.

On Topic: look at the silence that is the one X, this is insane for its power, the original xbox which it refers to is the most silent current gen console, apart from the switch I think

Twitter @CyberMalistix

crissindahouse said:
Barozi said:

Yeah, a better CPU and It could be probably easily the entry console for the next console generation. I doubt the next gen will be that much better so that an Xbox One X couldn't run the games with lower settings but that CPU... 

dint sony came out and said the are targeting a minumum of 10tf for ps4? Something tells me that next gen will look mostly the same, just more constant 4k/60fps.  So x1x should do fine at the begining of next gen. It will still come down to exclusives to show what it even means. So like 2 years into next gen untill the x1x really looks dated. Sadly the x1x will look weak next to the pro when thouse exclusives next year start to really shine.

I know I have seem some of thouse comparison videos of the pro vs the x1x and I can barely tell the diference in some cases, cant notice in most cases. when it comes down to 6tf vs 10tf I recon it will be the same deal, as it was between early 900p vs 1080p.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.