By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

curl-6 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Bolder: I know, but why is too coinciding? What about the time before that?

Second bolder: Zanza is a jerk compared to Malos, so is Mumkhar compared to Amalthus.

Compared to Riki who is a husband and a father, Tora is still considered a young adolescent, so it's normal.

Zeke is a funny character, and still young (25 only), still fine. If he was 35 - 40, then yeah, would agree with you.

Cos it's a game, basically. They wanted to involve the player.

They're all jerks really, or more technically, examples of great power given to those who are either excessively selfish or lack empathy.

Character age doesn't matter that much to me honestly, just how often I felt irritated. Again, I don't mean to make it sound like I hate XBC2, just why I find the original better.

Btw maybe you should use spoiler tags given a fair few folks who haven't played the original game might be interested in the Definitive Edition and hence mighty read this thread.

Bold: Well, with XC2, you have their back stories with their own reasons, can't say that for many villains in XC1. 

Second bold: I know that. Also, character age plays a role in each character's thinking and their behavior, so it matters.

Third bold: Got it, will do.

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
curl-6 said:

Cos it's a game, basically. They wanted to involve the player.

They're all jerks really, or more technically, examples of great power given to those who are either excessively selfish or lack empathy.

Character age doesn't matter that much to me honestly, just how often I felt irritated. Again, I don't mean to make it sound like I hate XBC2, just why I find the original better.

Btw maybe you should use spoiler tags given a fair few folks who haven't played the original game might be interested in the Definitive Edition and hence mighty read this thread.

Bold: Well, with XC2, you have their back stories with their own reasons, can't say that for many villains in XC1. 

Second bold: I know that. Also, character age plays a role in each character's thinking and their behavior, so it matters.

Yeah, but a character being 25 or 50 doesn't really change whether or not I find certain scenes of them annoying. If it annoys me, then it annoys me.

I simply didn't have this issue with XBC1 the way I did with 2.

Again, I don't want to sound like I'm bashing XBC2, it's still a good game overall, I just found the cast of XBC1 to be more likable, charismatic, and non-irritating.

Leynos said:
Melia sounds like she has a new VA.

Sucks. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Mar1217 said:
Metallox said:

Sucks. 

Pretty sure, her voice actress is just older now. I mean it's been 9 years since the original dub. You don't get to keep the same voice that long.

I think the difference is too big to be explained by that.  She was I think 23 when she did the first one, so it's not like she hit puberty since then.  And, she's something of a celebrity now, so I don't think Nintendo would be keeping her involvement on the dl.

curl-6 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Yeah, but a character being 25 or 50 doesn't really change whether or not I find certain scenes of them annoying. If it annoys me, then it annoys me.

I simply didn't have this issue with XBC1 the way I did with 2.

Again, I don't want to sound like I'm bashing XBC2, it's still a good game overall, I just found the cast of XBC1 to be more likable, charismatic, and non-irritating.

Agree to disagree then.

Around the Network

Challenge mode has been added to DE.

Original Melia voice actress has returned for Future Connected!
https://www.siliconera.com/xenoblade-chronicles-future-connected-shulk-and-melia-voice-actors-return/

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Original Melia voice actress has returned for Future Connected!
https://www.siliconera.com/xenoblade-chronicles-future-connected-shulk-and-melia-voice-actors-return/

Really nice to hear!