By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

Mar1217 said:
Ha, said it ! She was just older.

Getting popular doesn't mean much if the actor is fund of her previous roles and doesn't mind to re-cast them.

I think the worry was more about the budget. She obviously costs more to hire now than back then. Future connected is prob fairly short so not as many lines as a full 60-hour game. Since her previous work is done, likely just recycled that audio for the main game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Fantastic news about Coleman's recasting! Adds a lot of value to the epilogue. Wonder how she feels about doing again a character she first did 9-10 years ago. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

The game does look like an impressive remake from where I'm sitting at, though many have mentioned that the handheld play is quite sub-par, ala XC2. I still haven't heard any word on resolution at this point. I'm really hoping Monolith didn't blow all of their overhead on graphical improvements and leave us with a pretty but blurry end result (again, ala XC2).

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Mar1217 said:
StuOhQ said:
The game does look like an impressive remake from where I'm sitting at, though many have mentioned that the handheld play is quite sub-par, ala XC2. I still haven't heard any word on resolution at this point. I'm really hoping Monolith didn't blow all of their overhead on graphical improvements and leave us with a pretty but blurry end result (again, ala XC2).

Weird ... Most of the early test I watched mentionned the handheld gameplay being better than XC2.

Like it was already better on Torna, so I don't think they can regress with this one.

I mean, Torna's handheld mode was only marginally better than Xeno 2. You could still get pretty blurry quality most of the time. So... 

Around the Network

In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 you could go to an inn where you could decide to use your experience from quests or not. This was good because you could do as much side quests as you wanted without becoming overleveled. The original Xenoblade Chronicles didn’t have this but I hope the definitive edition does.

None of the previews of the game mentioned this so I’m worried that there are no inns.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Yeah, it's an anime .

I hate the character art. I'm never going to be a fan washed out cartoony look, the characters look kind of flat. At least not for this kind of game, it is more fitting in something like Story of Seasons. Still, it's better than Xenoblade Chronicles 2, IMO, where the main character looked like he was 6.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.