By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

Can someone up XC2 screenshots too? Let make a comparison.

Around the Network

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RolStoppable said:
The eShop page states that this version will be missing amiibo functionality and the collection of the 3DS version. What was the collection about?

In the New 3DS version you could get access to 3D Models of characters and creatures plus the game soundtrack. In order to get them, you need to gain "tokens" that can be exchanged for those things. You could get tokens via Streetpass or other ingame requirements (I think the defeating the final boss gave me a crap ton of them). Tapping the Shulk amiibo once a day would give you 3 tokens. 

I don't think we are missing much. Especially because what you got for each token was random... And you could end up getting something you already had.

Vodacixi said:
RolStoppable said:
The eShop page states that this version will be missing amiibo functionality and the collection of the 3DS version. What was the collection about?

In the New 3DS version you could get access to 3D Models of characters and creatures plus the game soundtrack. In order to get them, you need to gain "tokens" that can be exchanged for those things. You could get tokens via Streetpass or other ingame requirements (I think the defeating the final boss gave me a crap ton of them). Tapping the Shulk amiibo once a day would give you 3 tokens. 

I don't think we are missing much. Especially because what you got for each token was random... And you could end up getting something you already had.

Wait?!?!? That's NOT in it?!?!?!

Alright, time to go over to Metacritic and make 137 accounts to give this game a 0/10 in User Reviews (which we know is something devs and potential customers take VERY seriously).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Captain_Yuri said:

Huge improvement.

Tho I never harped on the original models much. People were throwing PS2 or worse than FFX models and yeah but PS2 could not run XB1 due to the massive open areas. They had to look that way to keep the areas so huge. Nice to see what they can do with the Switch.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Huge improvement.

Tho I never harped on the original models much. People were throwing PS2 or worse than FFX models and yeah but PS2 could not run XB1 due to the massive open areas. They had to look that way to keep the areas so huge. Nice to see what they can do with the Switch.

Yea those types of arguments were always silly imo. XB1 looked really good for it's time even if the character models looked eh. Also the OST was so damn good.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Leynos said:

Huge improvement.

Yea those types of arguments were always silly imo. XB1 looked really good for it's time even if the character models looked eh. Also the OST was so damn good.

One part of the experience newbies will miss when playing this game, is going to the edge of these huge open areas and suddenly thinking, "how the hell is this little toaster running this massive game?"

Right to the end of the game it always blew my mind. I couldn't stop thinking just how much elbow greese the devs must've put in, to optimise Xenoblade to the very limits of what the Wii could achieve.

Mar1217 said:
And Xeno Twitter is going on a rampage again. Showing all the quality of life improvements the game is receiving.

This game is litteraly closing in on the "perfect" category now 😏

I searched Twitter but couldn't find a Xenoblade account. 

What are the QoL improvements?

SpokenTruth said:
Wyrdness said:

Comparison shots:

These bother me.  Look at the difference in the backgrounds.  Why does the original appear to have more detail and greater draw distance with no fog compared to the DE?

Probably cause they are using Depth of Field in the new one. The idea of it is to focus the scene more on the character instead of everything.