By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

Jumpin said:
Vodacixi said:

In the New 3DS version you could get access to 3D Models of characters and creatures plus the game soundtrack. In order to get them, you need to gain "tokens" that can be exchanged for those things. You could get tokens via Streetpass or other ingame requirements (I think the defeating the final boss gave me a crap ton of them). Tapping the Shulk amiibo once a day would give you 3 tokens. 

I don't think we are missing much. Especially because what you got for each token was random... And you could end up getting something you already had.

Wait?!?!? That's NOT in it?!?!?!

Alright, time to go over to Metacritic and make 137 accounts to give this game a 0/10 in User Reviews (which we know is something devs and potential customers take VERY seriously).

Metacritic reviews are very important.  That's why Pokemon Sword and Shield and Animal Crossing flopped.

Around the Network

That JP trailer has a spoiler right at the beginning...

Future Connected concept art.

https://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-details-improvements-to-quests-colony-6-more/

– Quests: the Quest screen has been revamped, and information is presented in a clearer way
– If you set a Quest as Active Quest, then you will be guided to your destination
– You can even enlarge the map to know exactly where you’re supposed to go
– The Colony 6 reconstruction quest has been made more convenient
– Can check how much money and what kind of materials you need for reconstruction straight from the Menu screen
– Affinity Chart: you can check it out from the Menu screen
– You can find details about the various people you’ve met during your journey
– Those details are recorded in their Profile, which lists things such as the hours they are active, the places they can be found at, items you can trade with them, and more
– Equipment: this version of the game introduces a feature from Xenoblade Chronicles X: Fashion Gear
– Choose what your characters look like at all times
If you set some equipment as Fashion Gear, then your character will always be wearing it in battle, when exploring, etc.
– However, you will keep the stats of the “main” equipment
– No more having to choose between style and good stats

Future Connected Details:

https://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-future-connected-details-and-screenshots/

– 1 year after the last battle
– The world is at peace, all the different races are working together, restoration was proceeding
– Shulk suggests to Melia that they look for Alcamoth, the imperial capital
– The two of them hopped aboard the Machina ship Junks
– As they searched for the capital, they were welcomed by a surprised attack
– The place where Junks fell called “The Bionis Shoulder”
– Bionis Shoulder never seen in the main story
– In the area of the Bionis’ left shoulder, a strange mineral is making landmasses start to float
– The members of the Nopon race “Kino” and “Nene” will be joining you
– They’re still young but their fighting capabilities will put even adults to shame
– Kino: Striving to become a hero for the sake of his father, weary of strangers
– Nene: Kino’s adoptive mother; may look cute but she’s one mighty fighter
– Just like in the main game, many different formidable foes will be waiting for Shulk and friends
– Since Shulk has lost his ability to see the future they’ll have to be more careful than ever during battles
– New enemy “The Fog Beasts”
– The new monsters shrouded in a dark mist are called “Fog Beasts”
– They’re not just powerful opponents, their emitted waves pull other enemies towards them and they’ll cause them to attack Shulk and the party
– Scattered throughout the Bionis shoulder are a team of registered surveyors, the Nopon-rangers (Nopongers)
– By befriending them and fulfilling their request, they’ll assist you with their own signature skills, aid Shulk and company or use a powerful attack

Not mentioned here but it's confirmed FC like the Torna DLC will have a significant change in its combat system from the main game but it's not been detailed yet.

Sounds great. I had to do a full second playthrough to finish Colony 6 because I missed an item in a story area that you could not revisit. They need to make the blue crystals clearer in what they are on the field and the rare stuff needs to be easier to get and also purchasable.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

– They’re not just powerful opponents, their emitted waves pull other enemies towards them and they’ll cause them to attack Shulk and the party

That sounds a bit annoying tbh, as much as I love the Xenoblade games, by far the worst part of the battle system is when new enemies join a battle halfway through and mess everything up. Hopefully it's balanced to avoid this becoming a problem.

I am thrilled to see so many improvements to the side quest system. This won't improve the extraordinary amounts of fluff and the excessive affinity chart roadblocks but this will all help a lot. Given this was the weakest element of 1 by far compared to 2 and X, this will be a big improvement.

Kind of seems weird that future connected focuses so much on Melia and Shulk considering

Spoiler!
How hard she got friendzoned in the main story.

I like her a lot better than the other girl though.

JWeinCom said:

Kind of seems weird that future connected focuses so much on Melia and Shulk considering

Spoiler!
How hard she got friendzoned in the main story.

I like her a lot better than the other girl though.

Spoiler!
That's probably the point though. Melia didn't just get freindzoned, her character almost totally fades into the background. Future Connected can basically be seen as 'Justice for Melia'; her character can finally get the closure she deserves, especially after all she went through.

2 Nopon for Future Connected? as if having one following you around wasn't bad enough.