By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD: WWII reviews in! And they’re good!

Will you be getting WWII?

Yes, I get CoD every year 20 12.99%

Yes, I’m buying CoD aga... 26 16.88%

Yes, this is my first CoD 4 2.60%

No, I never buy CoD games 71 46.10%

No, despite normally getting CoD every year. 8 5.19%

I’m still on the fence 25 16.23%

Total:154
Teeqoz said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I can only speak personally, but I think WW2 looks really fun. I haven't played COD since Black Ops 2 in 2012, and I stopped becoming super interested in them when Modern Warfare 3 came out(never got into Black Ops but loved MW2, 3 was a disappointment). I don't really care about Activision does specifically, i'm againsts any bad publisher principles but at the same time I don't have a bias against them necessarily. 

I don't want Overwatch or WW2 to get ruined because Activision can go fuck off, the former is super fun and the latter looks fun.

Overwatch is developed by Blizzard.

They're owned by Activison

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Overwatch is developed by Blizzard.

No, there's a reason the company is called "Activision Blizzard" and not just "Activision".

flashfire926 said:

nah, just activision's. At least EA and Ubisoft do other things. Just look at Activision's output this gen: Outside of N-sane trilogy, its shovelware movie and tv tie-ins, and  their microtransaction-infested shooters, a broken tony hawk title that shits on the series' legacy, a guitar hero where you have to rent songs via microtransactions, not allowing you to own any permenantly. Combined with previous acts like buying and then shutting down bizarre creations (project gotham racing devs), driving crash and spyro to the ground with milking sequels after mediocre sequels.......yeah. They bring nothing of value to the industry. Its ahuge shame, cause I really like the earlier cods, especially black ops 2.

I can only speak personally, but I think WW2 looks really fun. I haven't played COD since Black Ops 2 in 2012, and I stopped becoming super interested in them when Modern Warfare 3 came out(never got into Black Ops but loved MW2, 3 was a disappointment). I don't really care about Activision does specifically, i'm againsts any bad publisher principles but at the same time I don't have a bias against them necessarily. 

I don't want Overwatch or WW2 to get ruined because Activision can go fuck off, the former is super fun and the latter looks fun.

To each their own. I understand. There are people who dont care what the publisher does, and thats not neccessarily wrong.

Anyways, by Activision I mean only  the Activision side, not blizzard. I dont want Overwatch to get ruined.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Teeqoz said:

No, there's a reason the company is called "Activision Blizzard" and not just "Activision".

Ow that's interesting. What is the nuance in that situation?

It's because of the WWII setting. It's just better. It's also the reason why I've been interested in a new CoD since like forever. Not interested enough to get this at full price when I know it'll drop in price mere weeks from now, but we'll see.

Around the Network

COD Reviews are ALWAYS good, guys. Tell me a COD game that didn't got excellent scores, even that trash can of Infinite Warfare took lot of 8.5 and some 9.3 too

It's the intelligence of us players to recognize that this games are no worth our money that we should use to buy other (much greater) games, done by software houses that usually sells so poorly that they close.

How many software houses had to close their door in the last 5 years after having done great games that nobody cares about? The problem with the industry is that 90% of console users but only COD, Fifa, Assassin's Creed and GTA, ignoring all the rest. If you check sales data here on VGChartz you can clearly see this, lot of money expended on a really small range of titles, always the same titles, and really nothing left for other games.

I run a videogame shop and I can tell you taht about 85% of players spent their money in 1 or 2-3 titles every year (same titles every year) and then lot of euros on season pass of this titles, and worstly, thousands of euros on FIfa Ultimate Team, and totally ignoring all other great games that comes out for their console.

COD is one of this titles, reviews are always great (Activision is clearly paying for those votes) but the game is always really really ugly, always the same, year after year, It's now ridicoulous this situation.

Is this really a surprise? Activision has the review industry by the balls except for a select few, especially when it comes to their most profitable IP. Activision could come up with the next COD being as polished as The History Channels games, and reviewers would say "it has some minor hiccups here and there, but ultimately it is the same COD we know and love."

Well, it's a big AAA game, so it has to be above 80. It's also not a 1st party game, so it has to be below 90.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

COD WWII above spla2n, mario + rabbids, and nearly on the level of nier automata, horizon zero dawn, and Samus Returns??????

the CoD series has always been one of the best FPS series period.

Not one game has been objectively bad and if you've played a few FPS in your life you should know that.

Most people are just salty that their favourite game series are being abandoned because of lacklustre sales and then blame a good and popular series for it instead of the people who won't buy anything other than that.