By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD: WWII reviews in! And they’re good!

Will you be getting WWII?

Yes, I get CoD every year 20 12.99%

Yes, I’m buying CoD aga... 26 16.88%

Yes, this is my first CoD 4 2.60%

No, I never buy CoD games 71 46.10%

No, despite normally getting CoD every year. 8 5.19%

I’m still on the fence 25 16.23%

Total:154

MC score currently sits at 85 after 34 reviews (PS4 version)! For reference, Infinite Warfare scored a 77 in 2016 (PS4); Black Ops 3 scored an 81 in 2015 (PS4); and Advanced Warfare scored an 83 in 2014 (XBO). WWII will likely drop down to an 84 or so, which will still make it the best reviewed CoD game on current gen consoles.

I have been considering making WWII the first CoD game I buy. The campaign looks good, but the zombie mode also interested me for the first time, since it’s made by some of the creators of Dead Space (RIP Visceral games☹️).

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/call-of-duty-wwii

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 03 November 2017

Around the Network

This is all I want to know. If I play online co-op with someone else on the same couch next to me, is the split screen going to fill up the entire TV? Because some COD games won't allow that and you end up with some bastard 4:3 nonsense instead.

Of course, they are. They get good scores every year despite not being very good at all. Some AAA series get good reviews no matter what even some downright bad games or painfully mediocre ones.

Been playing it for the last two hours. Servers are shit because they have been down for 2 fucking hours.
I decided to play with Bots and overall I like the maps, they are a bit larger than most cods but I think it works well. My favorite map thus far is the USS Texas.
Played the first mission of the campaign and it's not bad. I'm not a fan of using health packs over regenerating health but it does make the game more realistic.
I'm gonna try to get online in a few hours if the servers come up and I'll probably play some zombies and give my impression on those modes later.

Not to be toxic or anything, but I really want this loot-box infested shit (along with anything else Activision makes) to die. It would make the industry better as a whole.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Not to be toxic or anything, but I really want this loot-box infested shit (along with anything else Activision makes) to die. It would make the industry better as a whole.

Ok, so should every series that affects consumers negatively die?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
flashfire926 said:

nah, just activision's. At least EA and Ubisoft do other things. Just look at Activision's output this gen: Outside of N-sane trilogy, its shovelware movie and tv tie-ins, and  their microtransaction-infested shooters, a broken tony hawk title that shits on the series' legacy, a guitar hero where you have to rent songs via microtransactions, not allowing you to own any permenantly. Combined with previous acts like buying and then shutting down bizarre creations (project gotham racing devs), driving crash and spyro to the ground with milking sequels after mediocre sequels.......yeah. They bring nothing of value to the industry. Its ahuge shame, cause I really like the earlier cods, especially black ops 2.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:

nah, just activision's. At least EA and Ubisoft do other things. Just look at Activision's output this gen: Outside of N-sane trilogy, its shovelware movie and tv tie-ins, and  their microtransaction-infested shooters, a broken tony hawk title that shits on the series' legacy, a guitar hero where you have to rent songs via microtransactions, not allowing you to own any permenantly. Combined with previous acts like buying and then shutting down bizarre creations (project gotham racing devs), driving crash and spyro to the ground with milking sequels after mediocre sequels.......yeah. They bring nothing of value to the industry. Its ahuge shame, cause I really like the earlier cods, especially black ops 2.

Blizzard IMHO is the only good part about Activision. Wish they would seperate.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

flashfire926 said:

I can only speak personally, but I think WW2 looks really fun. I haven't played COD since Black Ops 2 in 2012, and I stopped becoming super interested in them when Modern Warfare 3 came out(never got into Black Ops but loved MW2, 3 was a disappointment). I don't really care about Activision does specifically, i'm againsts any bad publisher principles but at the same time I don't have a bias against them necessarily. 

I don't want Overwatch or WW2 to get ruined because Activision can go fuck off, the former is super fun and the latter looks fun.

flashfire926 said:

I can only speak personally, but I think WW2 looks really fun. I haven't played COD since Black Ops 2 in 2012, and I stopped becoming super interested in them when Modern Warfare 3 came out(never got into Black Ops but loved MW2, 3 was a disappointment). I don't really care about Activision does specifically, i'm againsts any bad publisher principles but at the same time I don't have a bias against them necessarily. 

I don't want Overwatch or WW2 to get ruined because Activision can go fuck off, the former is super fun and the latter looks fun.

Overwatch is developed by Blizzard.