By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Bofferbrauer2 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Sony is still in the battle for 2nd place I'd say, they have that $200 1 TB PS4 for Black Friday, that will sell very well I'm sure. The question is, will it sell enough to offset Nintendo beating them the rest of the month? There is also the unknown factor of Switch availability for Black Friday, and the unknown of rather or not there will be some kind of Black Friday Switch deal.

Don't forget to count the Cod Bundle preorders from last month, which certainly amounts to a lot of consoles, too. However, since the Switch is consitently  a good ways in front of any PS4 bundle, I still think Sony will have to play catch-up

Since NPD now counts in worth of sales instead of numbers, the reduced prices for the black friday deals will have a diminished effect there. Switch could win against PS4 in NPD purely because it will probably be more expensive at black friday. On the other end of the spectrum, the ONE X sales will count more there simply because the console is much more expensive then all the other on the market.

Preorders of the COD bundle, Star Wars bundle, and the Star Wars Pro bundle will be counted towards this month. I don't know how much of a pull they will have on the PS4's sales collectively, but they could decide whether the PS4 is beaten by a narrow margin or a large margin.

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
shikamaru317 said:
So there are now 4 XB1 SKU's ahead of the highest PS4 SKU.

I’m shocked at how non-competitive Sony is being with XBO—both with the X and the S. Either they’re idiots, or the data they were/are seeing poses no real threat in the long run. I know MS’s lead is temporary, but right now PS4 isn’t just getting beaten by the X, but both S models are now beating PS4 as well due to their prices undercutting the lowest cost PS4 by $100 and $60. 

Btw...did Sony eliminate all 500gb system options in the US? I know giving more HD space encourages buying digital, but seems odd at the cost of being able to hit a lower system price.

I still think bf will go sonys way. Xbox is barely gettin discounts as it's already cheap as hell. PS4 will be getting a big one. I was also just thinking what happened to the 500gb PS4 seams they are phasing it out to make more money. I think that's a dumb move because ur holiday shopper isn't going to care much about that. Hardcore gamers too...a 2tb external only costs like 60 bucks.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

ps4 will be #1 in both November and December NPDs and everyone will pretend to be shocked

hudsoniscool said:
pitzy272 said:

I’m shocked at how non-competitive Sony is being with XBO—both with the X and the S. Either they’re idiots, or the data they were/are seeing poses no real threat in the long run. I know MS’s lead is temporary, but right now PS4 isn’t just getting beaten by the X, but both S models are now beating PS4 as well due to their prices undercutting the lowest cost PS4 by $100 and $60. 

Btw...did Sony eliminate all 500gb system options in the US? I know giving more HD space encourages buying digital, but seems odd at the cost of being able to hit a lower system price.

I still think bf will go sonys way. Xbox is barely gettin discounts as it's already cheap as hell. PS4 will be getting a big one. I was also just thinking what happened to the 500gb PS4 seams they are phasing it out to make more money. I think that's a dumb move because ur holiday shopper isn't going to care much about that. Hardcore gamers too...a 2tb external only costs like 60 bucks.

BF is usually very close between XBO and PS4. I think PS4 will win BF but i dont think the BF gap will be large enough for PS4 to take #1 this month but i do think it will outsell the Switch for the month.

bluedawgs said:
ps4 will be #1 in both November and December NPDs and everyone will pretend to be shocked

If Nintendo can manage stock, there is zero chance that will happen. 

Around the Network
bluedawgs said:

December? Maybe.
November? Not a chance.

Playstation_awaiter said:
Let the Xbox fans enjoy their moment, itll be back to switch or PS4 early next year.

Why this comment though? 

And oh Fuck! Xbox putting a fight against PS4 and Switch! Who knew?!?!?! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

bluedawgs said:

We're only using Amazon to sway our thoughts. The one site never can tell the full story.

Gamestop has also sold out of the Xbox One X. I wonder how other retailers are doing.

X can't reach number 1 tho. I'm disappointed by this launch.
Well at least they will go multiplatform.

User moderated - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 08 November 2017

pitzy272 said:
shikamaru317 said:
So there are now 4 XB1 SKU's ahead of the highest PS4 SKU.

I'm pretty surprised, too.  Sony US has not been very competitive this gen as far as price goes, while other regions have.  I mean Sony UK launched a new Pro bundle alongside the X to illustrate the difference in not only price, but also content.  It's the same price of the X, which comes with no games, but also includes 5 games only found on the PS4.  I guess you could argue Sony US hasn't really needed to be that competitive (though, the other regions didn't necessarily need to, either), but with the X coming out, I would have thought a permanent drop for the Slim to $199 and a Pro cut to $349, with a bundle like the one in UK for $449-$499, would have been a good/obvious move to combat it.

Well, I guess we do have a $199 Slim for BF and 3 bundles' preorders going towards this month.  We'll have to see how much that swings things in the PS4's favor.