By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo says most people play Nintendo Switch in both modes (favoring undocked)

Docked 95% of the time for me

Around the Network

95% docked, I dragged another tv into the living room not to have to play in handheld mode.

I probably play 85 % docked and 15 % undocked.

I think I fall into the docked category but that mostly comes down to the games I've been playing.
I'm sure once I start playing more long RPGs and smaller titles like Yoshi, Kirby, Animal Crossing etc I'll have a lot more hours in the handheld department.

Im like 99% docked.

Around the Network

Intresting.

dx11332sega said:
I'm guessing most of the undocked is from japan

Doubt it, not yet anyway. With the system basically being a Splatoon machine over there I can't see the handheld use being as high as you'd expect. Splatoon doesn't lend itself well to handheld gameplay, not compared to a lot of the other games selling well on Switch.

I personally don't know how anyone can play in handheld mode due to those analog nubs. I can play Splatoon 2 with the very best players there are but if I try playing in handheld mode, it's like I'm Corky Thatcher trying to play chess. They're just way too imprecise for competitive games or games that require a lot of precision.

I think Ive played it in handheld mode for about 20 seconds.

Yep, I mostly use the handheld too. For indies its easier to use the handheld, but if the game is AAA i'll swap use handheld until I realize the handheld is restricting my gameplay and I need to convert to the Pro.