By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima: More ways to have fun with Switch to be announced in 2018

We need another 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-Switch <<<<<<<<<<33333333333

On a serious note: it's probably those new games and IPs he mentioned. I'm really curious to see them, and I hope they hold a January Direct.

(VGC is bugging).

Last edited by LipeJJ - on 30 October 2017

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Edible Switch consoles!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

He is(hopefully) talking about new ip's. I'm excited to see what retro in particular is cooking.

With new advancements in HD rumble, Nintendo plans to take Hitachi head on!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

zygote said:

I wonder if this incorporates my suspicion that Nintendo plans to use Metroid Prime 4 as a flagship title to launch a VR headset attachment for the Switch system body.  I do think they will show off Metroid Prime 4 this next year.  Of course, with the Switch detachable parts and given Nintendo's Wii history, this could be any number of component rollouts.

The Switch is not powerful enough to do VR on that level.  Prime 4 would look like an early GameCube game or worse and the screen door effect would be bananas.  And supplemental computing a) would be bottlenecked like crazy and b) would not help with the screen door.

Around the Network

It does seem weirdly worded, where there is room to interpret it as a weird extra addon or something to the system. I'm just hoping it makes more interesting games...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I think I know what kind of fun Kimishima is talking about.

Hitachi will team up with Nintendo to broaden the Switch appeal with new applications of HD Vibration
There will be a reimagined Wavebird for lonely housewives.

And when the husbands come home to play, classic revival of N64 fishing with the HD rumble rod.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 30 October 2017

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

My guess is he means apps (youtube, netflix, twitter), paid online and a browser.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I’m thinking things like Netflix, YouTube, etc. along with maybe VC.

As someone that owns an Oculus Rift, the resolution of the Switch will be horrible for VR games. Oculus Rift has a 1080x1200 PER EYE screen resolution and games still have a “screen door” effect which is the ability to see individual pixels. Even with an overall screen (both eye screens) resolution of 2160x1200. You can definitely see pixels and in some ways it makes games a little “blurry”. The Switch has a 720p screen (1280x720 total screen) which will make it only much worse and no way to fix that even with Nintendo’s creative design without a much better screen. Not including the size of the Switch itself which is pretty hefty. So doubt the tweet hinting at VR.

Last edited by shoichi - on 31 October 2017

We're getting a local-multiplayer dock.