By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima: More ways to have fun with Switch to be announced in 2018

I just think he's talking about more games. Nothing wrong with that.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Nautilus said:

Nah, not happening.They are certainly experementing with VR, and that probably includes the Switch, but they are that:experiments.They are learning stuff for the next generation.

What I think he means here is that the Switch will be getting new types of acessories, like the one in the reveal trailer in which they use to hold the Switch in the car.

I think you will see it on the current Switch. Nintendo is developing for VR either way, I believe it's already being used in their Universal theme park attractions that they are designing. But it being in the Switch OS itself is pretty much a smoking gun. 

The Switch only has the juice needed to play Gear VR level games.  And the device is too large and heavy to serve as the headset screen and system.  And the screen resolution and pixel density are too low.  

As for Nintendo's patent, they wanted to lock that down 1) for a future Switch that can do it and 2) to create a wall to keep out the cheapo shovel ware companies currentky cranking out numerous knock off Gear VRs.  

Odds are Kimishima is referring to new games, maybe some new accessories.

Virtual Console!!! GIVE IT TO ME!! NOW!
Maybe a new Mario Party is on the way.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Soundwave said:
Nautilus said:

Nah, not happening.They are certainly experementing with VR, and that probably includes the Switch, but they are that:experiments.They are learning stuff for the next generation.

What I think he means here is that the Switch will be getting new types of acessories, like the one in the reveal trailer in which they use to hold the Switch in the car.

I think you will see it on the current Switch. Nintendo is developing for VR either way, I believe it's already being used in their Universal theme park attractions that they are designing. But it being in the Switch OS itself is pretty much a smoking gun. 

Nintendo is already doing games on VR.There is a Mario Kart game on VR for arcades in japan for example.

But the real problem is that the Switch dosent have the horsepower to make VR an enjoyable experience, and thats why they wont release it this gen.They wont release a half backed idea, specially in the middle of the Switch lifecycle with the success they are having.They dont want nor need a negative press around their devices.

As for the theme parks?Sure.And its actually a great idea.Would be awesome to try that out!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Flilix said:
I'm thinking about apps like Youtube and Netflix. With 'more ways to have fun' he might be talking about non-gaming stuff.

Will I be able to do my taxes on the Switch?

But yeah, what you said is what I think too.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Nautilus said:

I don't know if it's already feasible to market it at an accessible price, but there could be some points supporting your claim.

• That Supplemental Computer Device patent sitting on their table, could be VR related. After all we know VR requires some horepower to run effectively.
  • Maybe even those rumors and patents regarding free form displays could in reality be related to a VR application.
  • Additional point is the design of joy-cons themselves. They're modular, detachable, they integrate motion controls capabilities and avanced rumble features. They could potentially be easily integrated in an "Oculus Touch-like" VR controller.
  • Lastly games, We know Nintendo is used to develop hardware and software hand-on-hand and Metrod Prime seems like a natural application for VR.

burninmylight said:
I just think he's talking about more games. Nothing wrong with that.

It doenst sound like he talks about games, "more ways to have fun with Switch" sound like some sort of addons not games.

I interpreted it as features like Netflix/hulu, Spotify, Internet browser, etc.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Virtual console or apps are my guesses

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Flilix said:
I'm thinking about apps like Youtube and Netflix. With 'more ways to have fun' he might be talking about non-gaming stuff.

That's what i thought, aswell.