By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Super Mario Odyssey?

Are you far?

Yes 23 12.92%

No 48 26.97%

I have no idea 34 19.10%

I think I am in the middle 26 14.61%

Beat the game 47 26.40%

Total:178
Flilix said:
I'm in the desert kingdom. Not impressed so far though, hopefully it will get better.

Imo. its kinda where the game starts.. what is the biggest gripe so far?

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network

I'm about to leave work and its sitting in the shipping packaging on my kitchen counter.

I'm currently about 36 miles away from it. (I refuse to be a follower and use the arrogant metric system.)

Bajablo said:
OTBWY said:
7 hours in, still at the Sand Kingdom, hunting moons. The whole weekend ahead of me.

you have pretty much the whole game ahead of you, and it only gets better pretty much..
my only complaint would be dificulty.. but i'm  still enjoying it.. and it gets WAY way harder in 'endgame' (after main story)...

some of that platforming is simply not do-able >_>

Latest Marios are usually like that. They make the story accesible so everyome can beat it, and put some platforming challenge in the post-game. I think that's a pretty nice balance, they nailed it in 3DWorld, let's see how Odyssey post-game is. Still, I'm absolutely loving the main story. Kingdoms are really varied, Cappy's captures are pretty fun to use and I love how they balance exploring and platforming in Odyssey. 

I'm actually at the sixth kingdom, which might be my favourite so far.

Volterra_90 said:
Bajablo said:

you have pretty much the whole game ahead of you, and it only gets better pretty much..
my only complaint would be dificulty.. but i'm  still enjoying it.. and it gets WAY way harder in 'endgame' (after main story)...

some of that platforming is simply not do-able >_>

Latest Marios are usually like that. They make the story accesible so everyome can beat it, and put some platforming challenge in the post-game. I think that's a pretty nice balance, they nailed it in 3DWorld, let's see how Odyssey post-game is. Still, I'm absolutely loving the main story. Kingdoms are really varied, Cappy's captures are pretty fun to use and I love how they balance exploring and platforming in Odyssey. 

I'm actually at the sixth kingdom, which might be my favourite so far.

Yeah, i like that they are doing it that way too. makes for a better game & flow even if it can be a bit on the easy side for a 'veteran' player.
glad to see you enjoy it too :) and just saying.. the last kingdom in the campaign is just... amazeballs..

actually said to myself "i wonder if... YES!!" first time in like.. probably 10 years i have one of those 'moments'
one hell of a game

Just reached New Donk City.

So far, the only negative I have is that the 100 coin missions, or Currency missions as I shall refer to them, are just as bad here as they were in Sunshine and 64.

Other than that, it's fantastic!

Also, if The Broodals are based off who I think they are based off, they are officially my favorite group of villains in the Mario Universe!

Around the Network

It's on my to buy list along with Zelda BoTW, MK8, Splatoon 2, and Mario x Rabbids.

Ive beaten it. Working on 100%.

I'm in my fourth kingdom now, got around 70 moons. Having a blast so far, almost got all of the local currency in the Lake Kingdom, but am just missing three of them, having a great time exploring to try and find them.

My O.C.D won't allow me to explore the sand kingdom until I've found all the power stars in the cascade. Got 14/25 and got all 50 purple coins.

zippy said:
My O.C.D won't allow me to explore the sand kingdom until I've found all the power stars in the cascade. Got 14/25 and got all 50 purple coins.

you will not be able to get everything until you have beaten the main story.. so let your OCD rest until that point :P