By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Super Mario Odyssey?

Are you far?

Yes 23 12.92%

No 48 26.97%

I have no idea 34 19.10%

I think I am in the middle 26 14.61%

Beat the game 47 26.40%

Total:178

I'm in metro kingdom now, doing lots of side moons along the story line, but not too much. Trying to buy every region specific outfit. Wonderful game, pure Nintendo magic.

Still have to get a full grip of the controls, despite playing all previous 3D Marios loads of times. Many new moves and slightly different walking behavior. Really missing the in-the-air swirl-jump from the Galaxy games, but I think I will develop an alternative as I play more.

Grafics sweet and beautiful, a little step up from 3D world in terms of quality, still has no anti-aliasing tho and the jagged edges do get noticed. Have to sit further away from TV

Around the Network

I've just finished New Donk City. Favourite kingdom so far, specially because in the city you can pull some neat platforming tricks and thaaat awesome ending. What a joy.

I'm in the sand kingdom as well, although after I finished the 1st one, I went back to explore it some more, and to my surprise, more things appeared out of nowhere. So I went and collected as much as I could. I was still missing a few purple coins, and couldn't solve the riddle with the dino and his resting spot... ;_;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I just arrived in the sand kingdom. Got the 50 purple coins and 17 moons so far. It looks good, would have been amazing in VR with the joycons. I still miss jumps due to lack of depth perception on screen.

On to the sand kingdom, for as long as I can keep my eyes open.

Had to go to a party but in the 6 or so hours I played I've completed the first four levels entirely - at least as much as can be until postgame. Totally adoring it so far!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

Finished the main campaign already and I'm at around 300 moons after some post game content.
My progress will abruptly halt though.

Just beat the game and am now tackling the post game stuff.

I'm going to put it on hold for now so I can focus on school assignments. But as soon as those are out of the way, I'm diving back it.

But based on what I've played right now, I'd put it somewhere around 96-97.

I finished 4-5 hours ago

Currently going back and collecting all the stuff I missed, sitting on 442 moons

Bajablo said:
zippy said:
My O.C.D won't allow me to explore the sand kingdom until I've found all the power stars in the cascade. Got 14/25 and got all 50 purple coins.

you will not be able to get everything until you have beaten the main story.. so let your OCD rest until that point :P

Thanks for that pal, I've been scouring every inch of that world for secrets :)

I just arrived at Lake Kingdom, chose this from the fork choice instead of Wooded Kingdom, found roughly 60 moons mostly from the Sand Kingdom.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid