By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Catalonia declares independence. Puigdemont free to roam Belgium.

Who do you support?

Spain 139 59.40%

Catalonia 95 40.60%

Total:234
Goodnightmoon said:
Nem said:

The only thing i'm embarrassed of is to share a forum space with someone so close minded.

But it is pointless as you keep passing your imperialist thumb over other people's wills or make the poor case that counties are very different from kingdoms. Yeah dude, it's cause they started to call their ruler king. That is the difference. Portugal was a county as well. Go figure. It's not a king that makes a country, it's the people.

So, what is your point? You want the whole of Aragon to secede? It is obvious that the will for independence is in the heart of it. What sort of lame case are you making? Honestly... yeah as far as i can say, the surrounding regions should have the right to choose wether to belong to Catalunya or Spain. But yeah... we know how you will react to that.

I don't know if Spain will fall to pieces, but if given the choice i do think that more regions will secede. But the case of Spain falling to pieces was given by other apologists here, not me as an excuse as to Catalans wanting independence was a bad thing.

Also lol? Why do you think i fear Castillians? You do know they tried and got their asses kicked? Twice. So yeah... nice logic.

County: "A county is a geographical region of a country used for administrative or other purposes"

A geographical region of a country/kingdom is not equivalent to a country or a kingdom, can you understand that or is too much for you? Catalonia was never independent, it was always a region of Aragon and Aragon decided to unite with Castille, they didn't conquered Catalonia, stop being so ignorant.

The surrounded regions don't want to go away; Valencia, Balearic Islands and Aragon want to stay and they were never part of Catalonia so it just wouldn't make any sense to vote for that. Many Catalans want us Valencians to go with them and I personally apreciate the offer, I do think Valencia and Catalonia could do a good and strong country together, the problem is they want us to be a part of Catalonia, but Valencia was never a part of Catalonia, so people here takes the offering as an attempt to fagocitate us and our culture, something that has already been happening in some cultural subjects btw, Catalonia has a loooong history of claiming things that doesn't really belong to them but to other regions, shocking right? I know you want to believe Catalonia is perfect and inmaculated but you are so far from reality as always, did you know Primo Rivera dictatorship in Spain was the fault of Catalonia? Even they recognize that, they got him into power, do you know one of the biggest showcase of violence in recent Spain ocurred in Catalonia 6 years ago when the Catalan police (instructed by the catalan goverment obviously) brutally beated (and shot) a bunch of peaceful manifestants that were protesting against the government? Watch it yourself but don't cry when you discover they aren't nearly as innocent as you believe.

Your philosophy that old kingdoms must try to become independent is deeply stupid, following that "logic" (if you can call it logic) most of Europe would break into little pieces which is no benefitial for anyone, it makes no fucking sense to make decisions based on what happened 600 years ago.

Oh and I dIdn't told you fear the Castilians, but clearly your hate comes from the fact that the country tried to conquer yours centuries ago, which is pathetic, that's like hating Germany now cause they were Nazis at some point in time, you even still calling spaniards "Castilians" lol even to people like me that comes from the Aragon Kingdom. As I said, you live in a medieval fantasy.

You have so little knowledge of history that it's not even worth talking with you.

Yes buddy, it's all good and stuff. These people are all crazy for trying to be independent and stuff. They should just shuddap and go to jail. How dare they disagree with you!

Pitiful...

Around the Network
Nem said:
Goodnightmoon said:

County: "A county is a geographical region of a country used for administrative or other purposes"

A geographical region of a country/kingdom is not equivalent to a country or a kingdom, can you understand that or is too much for you? Catalonia was never independent, it was always a region of Aragon and Aragon decided to unite with Castille, they didn't conquered Catalonia, stop being so ignorant.

The surrounded regions don't want to go away; Valencia, Balearic Islands and Aragon want to stay and they were never part of Catalonia so it just wouldn't make any sense to vote for that. Many Catalans want us Valencians to go with them and I personally apreciate the offer, I do think Valencia and Catalonia could do a good and strong country together, the problem is they want us to be a part of Catalonia, but Valencia was never a part of Catalonia, so people here takes the offering as an attempt to fagocitate us and our culture, something that has already been happening in some cultural subjects btw, Catalonia has a loooong history of claiming things that doesn't really belong to them but to other regions, shocking right? I know you want to believe Catalonia is perfect and inmaculated but you are so far from reality as always, did you know Primo Rivera dictatorship in Spain was the fault of Catalonia? Even they recognize that, they got him into power, do you know one of the biggest showcase of violence in recent Spain ocurred in Catalonia 6 years ago when the Catalan police (instructed by the catalan goverment obviously) brutally beated (and shot) a bunch of peaceful manifestants that were protesting against the government? Watch it yourself but don't cry when you discover they aren't nearly as innocent as you believe.

Your philosophy that old kingdoms must try to become independent is deeply stupid, following that "logic" (if you can call it logic) most of Europe would break into little pieces which is no benefitial for anyone, it makes no fucking sense to make decisions based on what happened 600 years ago.

Oh and I dIdn't told you fear the Castilians, but clearly your hate comes from the fact that the country tried to conquer yours centuries ago, which is pathetic, that's like hating Germany now cause they were Nazis at some point in time, you even still calling spaniards "Castilians" lol even to people like me that comes from the Aragon Kingdom. As I said, you live in a medieval fantasy.

You have so little knowledge of history that it's not even worth talking with you.

Yes buddy, it's all good and stuff. These people are all crazy for trying to be independent and stuff. They should just shuddap and go to jail. How dare they disagree with you!

Pitiful...

Is you the one that is not worth to talk to, you are the one that believed Catalonia was an independent Kingdom conquered by Castille, you are the one that said the Government of Spain was trying to to kill Puigdemont and that Spaniards used to kill Bascs for God's sake, is you the one that defends the idea that old kingdoms that were once united should all become independent now even if that happened 600 years ago, is just an offensive level of nonsense.

Last edited by Goodnightmoon - on 09 November 2017

Goodnightmoon said:
Nem said:

Pitiful...

Is you the one that is not worth to talk to, you even said the Government of Spain wanted to kill Puigdemont and that Spaniards used to kill Bascs for God´s sake, is you the one that defends the idea that old kingdoms that were once invaded should all become independent now even if that happened 600 years ago, is just an offensive level of nonsense.

The ignorance is not on my field I'm afraid. The government would kill him or incarcerate them if they could. He went to Belgium though and that is limiting their action but they did try to get him back to Spain. They have already imprisoned many of the leaders related with the referendum, so none of this is unseen. Same for the Bascs. 

And i didn't say every kingdom should become independent. I said they should have the choice to decide. But, obviously that is something beyond your comprehension.

But you know, i stopped trying to wake you up from your pink dreams of imperialism. Feel free to keep dreaming. Thankfully this depends more on the EU than Spain at this point.

Nem said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Is you the one that is not worth to talk to, you even said the Government of Spain wanted to kill Puigdemont and that Spaniards used to kill Bascs for God´s sake, is you the one that defends the idea that old kingdoms that were once invaded should all become independent now even if that happened 600 years ago, is just an offensive level of nonsense.

The ignorance is not on my field I'm afraid. The government would kill him or incarcerate them if they could. He went to Belgium though and that is limiting their action but they did try to get him back to Spain. They have already imprisoned many of the leaders related with the referendum, so none of this is unseen. Same for the Bascs. 

And i didn't say every kingdom should become independent. I said they should have the choice to decide. But, obviously that is something beyond your comprehension.

But you know, i stopped trying to wake you up from your pink dreams of abuse. Feel free to keep dreaming. Thankfully this depends more on the EU than Spain at this point.

And that's why the whole EU including Flandes hasn't recognized the republic of Catalonia and are defending the legitimacy of the Spanish Constitution lol

I don't agree with the incarcerations, but there is a huge difference between incarcerations and assasinations, similar to the difference between someone that knows what he is talking about and someone like you.

Goodnightmoon said:

And that's why the whole EU including Flandes hasn't recognized the republic of Catalonia and are defending the legitimacy of the Spanish Constitution lol

I don't agree with the incarcerations, but there is a huge difference between incarcerations and assasinations, similar to the difference between someone that knows what he is talking about and someone like you.

I do agree with the incarcerations, I think it's repugnant how we too often hear that people in power that have been doing illegal things get away with it just cause they have power so since the Catalan government has done something illegal I think that the law applying to them TOO is the best democratic thing that could happen in a democratic country.

Upon reflection I am coming to the conclusion that it is amazing how far the EU has come considering the uphill battle against ignorance, nationalism and separatism, against the forces of division that wish to destroy the union of people and of nations. And when you read some comments that compare the EU to the brutal union in the Roman empire or the Soviet union, you can't help but wonder: is that how all those nationalists in power and the people that follow them think? How can anyone be so ignorant that they see the Roman empire or Soviet union as the same as the European Union?

Such ignorance is a cancer and when you consider how far the EU has come despite that cancer, you can't help but remain hopeful for the future. I think nationalists are going to try to block progress for a long time to come but I also think that in the end they will be defeated

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Nem said:

But you know, i stopped trying to wake you up from your pink dreams of abuse. Feel free to keep dreaming. Thankfully this depends more on the EU than Spain at this point.

Yes, because you know your history real well, and you keep yourself really well informed. /rolleyes

Nem said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yes, because you know your history real well, and you keep yourself really well informed. /rolleyes

I do. Meanwhile you only talk about medieval fantasies and alternative facts.

Goodnightmoon said:
Nem said:

Of course you do. You know a hell of alot of your bellybutton. :)

Nem said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Of course you do. You know a hell of alot of your bellybutton. :)

In the last hours the Government of the Basque Country has publicly rejected the independence of Catalonia. Even the most independentist region of Spain thinks all this process was bullshit and completely ilegitim lol Now try to rationalize that xD

Last edited by Goodnightmoon - on 19 November 2017

Yeah...
I also saw (PSOE/regionalist ruled) Aragon finally enforced standing court judgments for the return of religious/cultural treasures,
previous Catalan government having refused to comply with court rulings, but suspension by 155 removed that impediment.
So seems that plenty of Spanish autonomous regions are not impressed with Catalan nationalists' arrogant view to the law.