By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why doesn't Nintendo make a game that looks like Uncharted 2/3??

What do you think?

You're an idiot, Breath ... 96 43.05%

#720p Master Race 32 14.35%

whoooo lets the dogs out? WHO? WHOHOWHO? 28 12.56%

Oddysey? Lost Legacy? I c... 15 6.73%

Mark Serony is busy, call... 13 5.83%

Knack. 39 17.49%

Total:223
Shiken said:
Undocked, the Switch is MORE powerful by a large margin than the PS360. Uncharted 2/3 levels of visuals are not only possible, we already have them with Skyrim on the Switch (as it is based on the PS4 and X1 special edition).

I can see it happening, but through third parties TBH. But who knows, stranger things have happened. Metroid Prime 4 maybe?

Well that's what i'm saying. I KNOW Switch can do it, i'm just waiting!

And I think Uncharted looks way more impressive than Skyrim, but then again i'm playing the fantastic Bluepoint remaster. 

Prime 4 would be a great way to show off the system's power!

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Their big projects look amazing already. What you're asking for is games with realism as artstyle. And why would they do those, when they can do so much with cartoony, fictional artstyles, while keeping the pressure over their performance in check?

Volterra_90 said:
There are not comparable imho. Nintendo's games usually go for a way more colourful art style. You'll probably have to wait for a game with a more realistic approach, if it comes out. I still think BOTW is more impressive than U2 because the game scale simply blows U2 away. But Naughty Dog games always looks gorgeous too.

"I know Nintendo strives for cartoonier games, but this would be so cool. I honestly would not be surprised if a game that looked like UC3 or 2 sold people on a Switch. "

The details of reading the entire thread, are infact important.

Although I do agree that BOTW is probably more impressive than UC2 based on it's hardware.

Yeah, I know what you're getting at. But that's your answer, there are not games which can be compared yet. And Nintendo usually makes more cartoony games. I think it'd be pretty interesting to see what Nintendo can do with a more realistic tone. Metroid Prime is probably the more we could get to that.

I don't think Nintendo should make a realistic game so that it looks similar to a PS3 game. The cartoon games are better and if Nintendo made a realistic looking game it would look like shit compared to what's on the Xbox One and PS4.

Thier Wii U 1st party games look better IMO. Realism is so boring. Art style any day. Games like ARMS looks amazing. What they offer already looks fantastic and will age very well. Uncharted PS3 games are already starting to age.

why couldn't sony make more games that would have a metacritic of 96 or higher?????????????????
i mean they have like what 1 or 2? and they have been in the business for a long time, they have the tech, resource, brain.... but why not?

to be honest i feel stupid writing that....

Around the Network

Definitely disagree with those saying the Wii U first party looks better. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I know it's subjective at the end of the day, but you really do have to give PS3 it's props for how technically intensive some of the their games were.

HOWEVER, I absolutely love Nintendo's artstyle. It doesn't have to be as technical, yet it's still visually captivating. To be honest, I do think SOME of Nintendo's 1st party looks better. Only in the preferential aspect. Nintendo doesn't have to have a game that looks like Uncharted. I guess Metroid, Fire Emblem, or Xenoblade could have scratched that itch for those that are looking for that.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Their big projects look amazing already. What you're asking for is games with realism as artstyle. And why would they do those, when they can do so much with cartoony, fictional artstyles, while keeping the pressure over their performance in check?

"I know Nintendo strives for cartoonier games, but this would be so cool. I honestly would not be surprised if a game that looked like UC3 or 2 sold people on a Switch. "

The details of reading the entire thread, are infact important.

Although I do agree that BOTW is probably more impressive than UC2 based on it's hardware.

The comment does not change the matter of the thread. You made an open question, I answered it.

Also, Nintendo has no big enough IP to use this realistic artstyle on. Metroid and F-Zero are the only ones that could justify the expensive photorrealistic style, but it wouldn't fit as well as their current sci-fi styles. A new IP could work, but would they invest that amount of time and money on a new IP, when a cartoony look would not only be cheaper but they could make it fit better?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

aikohualda said:
why couldn't sony make more games that would have a metacritic of 96 or higher?????????????????
i mean they have like what 1 or 2? and they have been in the business for a long time, they have the tech, resource, brain.... but why not?

to be honest i feel stupid writing that....

Really?! Comments like this is gonna derail this thread.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

While there are people who would probably who would buy a Switch for a title like Uncharted. Nintendo wouldn't do this because realistic graphics don't blend on what Nintendo does. Realistic looking games are for more "serious games that take themselves seriously. " Nintendo games are never about being uber serious. They are more about being fun rather than trying to be an epic experience.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Uncharted 2/3 looking better than Nintendo games of course is a matter of opinion. It may be better to ask why Nintendo isn't making games as demanding as Uncharted games. Hardware limitations obviously.