By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey has already outsold Breath of the Wild LTD on Amazon

People tend to forget BOTW is also on Wii U, huh? It passed up BOTW on switch and Wii U individually but combined, BOTW has probably still sold more on Amazon so far 

Nevertheless, still impressive, but keep in mind amazon sales aren’t the whole picture of sales in the long run.

Also, I’m pretty sure MK8D also passed up BOTW in amazon sales even before it released, if I recall. Though BOTW wasn’t out for that long back then, so it’s more impressive now than it was then. 

Last edited by Roar_Of_War - on 26 October 2017

Around the Network

That's good. Both games are the kings of the year.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Azelover said:

Ummm... I think the comparison is a little unjustified.

Mario 64's phenomenon was more than just sales, it provided the ground in which all 3D games would be built upon from that point. Odyssey just introduces a hat mechanic, it's a fine game but it ain't as revolutionary as 64.

Odyssey, like BotW, is a very polished quality game in the franchise...

I doubt any game will be as revolutionary as Mario 64. When I say that Mario Odyssey will look more like the Mario 64 phenonmenon I mean in sales.  It won't be a 100% replication but there are people out there who have wanted a true Mario 64 sequel and now after 21 years they finally got it. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

That seems quite impressive, though are there any numbers on copies sold mentioned on Amazon?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'll be honest from a sheer spectacle of single huge titles... what have other companies made that rival BOTW or Odyssey in 2017?

Nintendo really have captured lightning in bottle with the Switch and now they've made it hard for those who have been down playing it as (it only has wiiu ports and remakes) and this next month will see Doom and Skyrim piss on those who ask where the big AAA 3rd party games are for the system.

Really hope it continues from them like this into 2018 and we see more Breath of the Wild type love letters to the fans rather than Star Fox Zeros or Metroid Federation forces.... the slaps in the face that benefit no one.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

People have been wanting this style of Mario game for a long time. Good to see Nintendo oblige and be rewarded for it.

Cloudman said:
That seems quite impressive, though are there any numbers on copies sold mentioned on Amazon?

No. 

caffeinade said:
KLAMarine said:
BotW also sold on WiiU so apples to oranges sorta. Also, BotW on PC as well.

I can confirm BotW sold terribly on PC.

This. 

Guys.

Odyssey overtook Mario Kart .

Became 2017 best seller game at launch day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

Lol, it already become best selling game of 2017.