By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey has already outsold Breath of the Wild LTD on Amazon

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

roadkillers said:
This really isn't that reliable seeing that the Nintendo Switch sold less than Mario O, Mario Kart, and BotW.

Switch has 2 SKUs Neon and Gray

Exactly, both have to be combined. 

So wow, Mario on launch already best selling video game of the year on Amazon... that is incredible! Seem like sales will be HUGE!!

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Cloudman said:
That seems quite impressive, though are there any numbers on copies sold mentioned on Amazon?

No. 

Thanks for an answer

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Well, I'm not surprised that Odyssey passed Breath of the Wild, I always knew it would. Mario is Nintendo's Golden Boy after all.

But this fast?

Nintendo is about to enjoy quite the holiday season.

TruckOSaurus said:
roadkillers said:
This really isn't that reliable seeing that the Nintendo Switch sold less than Mario O, Mario Kart, and BotW.

You don't have to purchase your Switch from Amazon to buy Switch games from Amazon so the data can be reliable even if those games are outselling the console.

Especially when fact that most of time Amazon didn't had Switch in stock.

IkePoR said:
Golly, wonder how this one matches up against Call of Duty and Star Wars at the end of the year. With all the scum in those two, here's hoping Odyssey outshines all.

There's no way Star Wars or COD is hitting 30% attach-rate on any of their consoles. Nintendo has 4 including Mario Odd.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

I must admit that, even though I already own it and love the franchise itself, I'm still occasionally surprised as there's something incredibly impressive about a gaming Franchise that dates back over 30 years managing to remain popular, well reviewed, and selling like hot cakes from start to present.

Pagan said:

I was hoping that BotW would sell more but doesnt seem like that. 

Zelda is just a masterpiece.

History suggests that Mario will outsell Zelda in the long run, but I think it will be a close "fight", should be interesting to watch.

I'm interested to see where Odyssey reactions land after a couple of months, everyone loves it now because it's brand-new.  I haven't played it yet, but I've heard a few convincing detractors.