By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Super Mario Odyssey on Switch: The Complete Tech Analysis

Gameplay above graphics, it looks amazing ane can't wait to play it.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
In the grand scheme of things it matters little I suspect to the masses, but wow. For the developers known for their solid performance of their flagship titles, this is a bit below standards.

The game is running at 60fps 99.9% of the time and looks great both in docked and undocked, what are you even talking about? 

Goodnightmoon said:
bigtakilla said:
In the grand scheme of things it matters little I suspect to the masses, but wow. For the developers known for their solid performance of their flagship titles, this is a bit below standards.

The game is running at 60fps 99.9% of the time and looks great both in docked and undocked, what are you even talking about? 

It's your typical internet fanboy.

They could be praising the game as the prettiest, smoothest game ever, but the second Digital Foundry says it is actually something else, they will be like "oh that a shame, the game now looks like shit and I now totally do see the dips"

Goodnightmoon said:
bigtakilla said:

Did you not see this number, 640x720??

Its essentially the ugliest game ever made mate.

irstupid said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It's your typical internet fanboy.

They could be praising the game as the prettiest, smoothest game ever, but the second Digital Foundry says it is actually something else, they will be like "oh that a shame, the game now looks like shit and I now totally do see the dips"

Lol, wow the fact you resort to insults speaks volumes.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
bigtakilla said:

99.9%, is that a number actually given, or your speculation?

ktay95 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Did you not see this number, 640x720??

Its essentially the ugliest game ever made mate.

640 x 720 only for elements in movement on a 6.2" screen is something nobody would notice if they didn't knew it beforehand

does the game look good and run smooth???????????

yes? then numbers shouldn't matter....

no? because you were dropped as a baby.

bigtakilla said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Are you for real? It wasn't obvious enough seeing that analisys that game stays stable almost all the fucking time? No is not an exact number, but is probably very close to reality.

Goodnightmoon said:
bigtakilla said:

Are you for real? It wasn't obvious enough seeing that analisys that game stays stable almost all the fucking time? No is not an exact number, but is probably very close to reality.

Hey, just asking. Point is it does have dips, and for a Nintendo game doesn't really live up to their golden standard set by.... Well them, themselves. I even said most won't care, I don't expect you to.

(Edit) Digital Foundry on 3D World: "More so than most games aiming for this goal, EAD has managed to deliver a 100 per cent consistent update. Every moment of the game, every menu transition, and every element of the user interface all operate at 60fps without a single hitch. Shooting for 60fps is no small task and requires cooperation from the entire team throughout the development cycle, but Nintendo takes it further by taking a zero-tolerance approach to frame-rate dips."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-super-mario-3d-world

Just saying typical Nintendo.