By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

Though I too had some reservations, you guys saying Odyssey's absolutely brilliants makes me want to get out and buy a Switch and play Mario. My mind was conflicted, but really, it's a successor to Mario 64, and made by what's maybe the greatest dev-team ever; how could it not be brilliant?!

How could it not? It's quite obvious, really. This is just another Mario game, which means it's the same old crap as it's ever been. It just shows how much Nintendo is unwilling to innovate and do new things, it's just Mario and Zelda over and over, I wonder for how long people will be milked like that. *goes back to playing Assassin's Creed*

oh lol :D

made my day :)

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
71 positive reviews and no mixed yet... wonder who will be the first, even those un-scored and in progress reviews all look to be glowing praise for the game.

I know the urge to cash in and get all those clicks is going to be tough to resist now for any site in need of a bit of ad rev.

The Play! Zine review could be considered mixed. That's what I'd consider a 75. Hopefully that's all it gets for mixed.

Now at 75 reviews and it's still at 97.
The 4 new reviews that were posted today all gave it a perfect score.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/super-mario-odyssey/critic-reviews?sort-by=date

For comparison's sake
Super Mario Galaxy got 97 on 73 reviews
Super Mario Galaxy 2 got 97 on 87 reviews.

Odyssey has at least 9 more reviews coming it with pending scores. If it keeps up the pace, it's well on its way to becoming the most critically acclaimed Mario game of all time.

Only 4 more perfect scores to go to beat Galaxy 2 and The Last of Us for second most perfects ever.

Do I even need to ask which game is #1?

Around the Network

This game was good.

mZuzek said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
This game was good.

You could have made a thread to say that.

Where the hell are the Odyssey threads anyways? I went afk as soon as the game came out

Goodnightmoon said:
Kerotan said:
9.7 metascore.
8.8 user score.

Good job Mario.

Surprised to see such a high user score considering the amount of salty trolls that made BoTW userscore be on the 70's for a long time

BotW is more threatening as it competes as a true open-world game. 

Mario is "just a platformer". So it's allowed to take in 10/10 after 10/10 because it doesn't really count. 

ShadowSoldier said:
Has there ever been a bad Mario Game?

I know you play as Luigi, but it still had Mario, so it's a bad Mario game.

Mr_No said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Has there ever been a bad Mario Game?

I know you play as Luigi, but it still had Mario, so it's a bad Mario game.

But, it says it's a "Geography learning adventure that's way cool!". What could possibly go wrong?