By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

MichealJetli said:
John2290 said:

The style of it, it looks like a game from the Saga saturn and give me vibes of those early 3D intros on TV shows. There was more style and originality on the first planet of Galaxy than i can see from much of the previews of this. Nothing is cohesive, even the names..."cappy"? Cmon, like.

So are you telling me Knack 2 is better than Mario Odyssey?

Of course. Odyssey only got a 97/100, while Knack 2 got a Knack/100.

Around the Network
DarthMetalliCube said:

Fair warning - our webiste is notoriously extra-critical, and often on Nintendo titles in particular and we're on Meta, so I expect that average to drop a tad in the near future lol.

I'm just going to read this as "fair warning.... our website really needs a boost to ad revenue and we feel that the only way that is going to happen is by giving Mario Odyssey a yellow or possibly red review, so far we're just waiting to hear back from finance to let us know just how clickbaity we need to make it"

I really wonder who will be the first site to try to justify giving this 70% it should cause quite the amount of "controversy" (click bait ad revenue).

Probably best not to justify the score in the slightest, just drop a 50% and at the same time review a few dogshit ios apps at 90-100 saying they're perfect outside of the controls/length/cost and lack of any graphics or music. Should get them clicks in.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

Fair warning - our webiste is notoriously extra-critical, and often on Nintendo titles in particular and we're on Meta, so I expect that average to drop a tad in the near future lol.

I'm just going to read this as "fair warning.... our website really needs a boost to ad revenue and we feel that the only way that is going to happen is by giving Mario Odyssey a yellow or possibly red review, so far we're just waiting to hear back from finance to let us know just how clickbaity we need to make it"

I really wonder who will be the first site to try to justify giving this 70% it should cause quite the amount of "controversy" (click bait ad revenue).

Probably best not to justify the score in the slightest, just drop a 50% and at the same time review a few dogshit ios apps at 90-100 saying they're perfect outside of the controls/length/cost and lack of any graphics or music. Should get them clicks in.

Talk about overreacting.

As if Super Mario games should get an automatic certain [high] score by default.  

Play the game and enjoy it. You won't lose anything if someone doesn't like it as much as you do.

Hynad said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Talk about overreacting.

As if Super Mario games should get an automatic certain [high] score by default.  

Play the game and enjoy it. You won't lose anything if someone doesn't like it as much as you do.

Is this your first comment  here ?

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Hynad said:

Talk about overreacting.

Go away . 

Around the Network
DarthMetalliCube said:

For which website do you write?

Hynad said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Go away . 

I don't go anywehre.

What happened  now?

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Hynad said:

Go away . 

I don't go anywehre.

What happened  now?