By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

StuOhQ said:
Amazing results for Nintendo. I can't wait to play (the downside of physical). So soon!

It's worth a slightly longer wait so we can taste that delectable cartridge! Oh and uh, lending the game to friends (if I ever get any) and being able to sell it are also nice hehe.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
PAOerfulone said:

Looking at GameRankings just now, I just realized something:

Super Mario Galaxy is about to turn 10 years old....

Galaxy 1 still holds the crown for the best 3D Mario artstyle.

Yes but the waggle completely fucked it imo. It's the only 3D Mario I haven't beaten more than once.

Off topic but Omg I got a free Cappy hat with my purchase (I pre ordered it)!!!

(And when I walked home wearing it someone called me a 'gay c***' out of their car lmao)

LimaBean01 said:

(And when I walked home wearing it someone called me a 'gay c***' out of their car lmao)

He was just trying to scare you away from his woman because he knows, like we all do, that by just by wearing that hat, 9.8/10 would bang.

Last edited by ironmanDX - on 27 October 2017

So people who have the game are saying motion controls are infact mandatory to pull off certain maneuvers (despite what you guys were saying ), and those maneuvers are necessary to get some of the Moons. It's only specific instances, so it wont be as bad as Galaxy, but still a mind numbing design choice, there are more than enough inputs they could have mapped those actions to.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
So people who have the game are saying motion controls are infact mandatory to pull off certain maneuvers (despite what you guys were saying ), and those maneuvers are necessary to get some of the Moons. It's only specific instances, so it wont be as bad as Galaxy, but still a mind numbing design choice, there are more than enough inputs they could have mapped those actions to.

Not mandatory, I don't think.  But a heck of a lot harder to do.  But you can play fine without usinf the motion controls.  Most of what they let you do are neat tricks, not anything necessary.  Or at least, I haven't seen any moons yet I need them for.  But the motion controls are quite unintrusive and the ones that matter can be done with the Pro.  Plus with the pointer gone, it's way less visually distracting.

Last edited by Nuvendil - on 27 October 2017

Nuvendil said:

Not mandatory, I don't think.  But a heck of a lot harder to do.

Huh? How can you know how hard it is to do without motion if you're not sure it can be done at all?

ironmanDX said:
LimaBean01 said:

He was just trying to scare you away from his woman because he knows, like we all do, that by just by wearing that hat, 9.8/10 would bang.

Yeah that's what I told myself 😂

Even funnier when I'm actually gay :,)

Guys, the game plays like a fucking dream. I'd recommend to use the motion controls scheme, it's more fun in that way.

Volterra_90 said:
Guys, the game plays like a fucking dream. I'd recommend to use the motion controls scheme, it's more fun in that way.

Nope, I'd rather not be reminded of Galaxy. It's gonna standard controls all the way for me! (except for those "special" moons ofc...)