By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

inb4 The game is overrated.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Now the question is do I download the game or just go out and buy it tomorrow?

Guys if you run into a cactus Mario will have spikes stuck in his nose.
10/10

RabbidPeach said:
Ha! Suck it, Sega Saturn owners!

How is related Saturn owners to the Mario ?

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
RabbidPeach said:
Ha! Suck it, Sega Saturn owners!

How is related Saturn owners to the Mario ?

War never changes, my friend.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Now the question is do I download the game or just go out and buy it tomorrow?

Physical is always best. Don't you just love stacking all the little boxes one over another?

Lmao N4G is down right now. A lot of specific corners of the net are crashing and burning right now.

On topic, glad to see it score well. Can't wait to play it tomorrow!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

lol, just looking at the summary of that 75 score:

"Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey."

A "really neat" game, "utterly underwhelming" lol... am I crazy or does it read like a legitimate troll wrote this? Has he played Mario games in the past? It has never been a super challenging franchise; sounds like he's looking for Ghosts and Goblins or something. I find his claim to being a "long-term Super Mario fan" rather dubious.

So, we already got a troll review at 75%

"Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey."

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Johnw1104 said:
Shaunodon said:

Wasn't BOTW 98 before Jim came in with his 7/10?

I think Sterling's may have been the one to drop it to 97, but then there were a couple other late reviews around 70 and 60 that came out as well. 

I know, but my only point was Jim or whoever solely lowering the score at the time.

Is it that hard to fix the algorithm for Metacritic?