By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

#1 in Switch games (MC) so it means it's currently higher than BotW.

Well I remember a 6/10 and two 7/10's coming out long after the fact when it was already at 97 and still it stayed there, so I'm guessing it must be at the lower end of 97.

Wasn't BOTW 98 before Jim came in with his 7/10?

Yup. My favorite user quote of all time...

"Fat piece of shit Jim Sterling just gave this game a 7/10" 

Haha, had me laughing for days.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Shaunodon said:
Johnw1104 said:

Well I remember a 6/10 and two 7/10's coming out long after the fact when it was already at 97 and still it stayed there, so I'm guessing it must be at the lower end of 97.

Not really. There were two other goofballs that gave it a 6/10 I think.

Now I'm just waiting for the some review outlet to give the game a lower review score that drops the metascore by one point, sending some people into pointless outrage once again. Or maybe nobody will this time, but it's always a great source of humour when that happens.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Shaunodon said:

Not really. There were two other goofballs that gave it a 6/10 I think.

Slant.

First i was amazed that nintendo put 2 high quality games in one year,but then i remember that metroid prime and wind waker came out in the same year.

Shaunodon said:
Johnw1104 said:

I think Sterling's may have been the one to drop it to 97, but then there were a couple other late reviews around 70 and 60 that came out as well. 

Ha! Suck it, Sega Saturn owners!

Finale said:
First i was amazed that nintendo put 2 high quality games in one year,but then i remember that metroid prime and wind waker came out in the same year.

Yeah, that was some packed Holiday 2002. November for Metroid, December for Wind Waker.

Edit: and Sunshine came in August. Damn, when the Trifecta was still alive.