By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OG XBox games look amazing on XBox one S/X

ironmanDX said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
So I went browsing around my local re-sale shop today, not looking for anything in particular and what do I stumble upon? A copy of Crimson Skies with case, manual and not a scratch on the disc for $3.00. Talk about a fuckin' sign lol

I went to my local eb games asking for knights of the old Republic. Not only did they tell me that they don't have it, they said that they no longer stock original xbox games. So, I suppose, what I'm trying to say is... I hate you.

Ouch lol. Hopefully they didn't laugh or get douchey. Gamestop/EB employees can sometimes do that sort of thing. 

Last edited by AlfredoTurkey - on 27 October 2017

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
ironmanDX said:

I went to my local eb games asking for knights of the old Republic. Not only did they tell me that they don't have it, they said that they no longer stock original xbox games. So, I suppose, what I'm trying to say is... I hate you.

Ouch lol. Hopefully they didn't laugh or get douchey. Gamestop/EB employees can sometimes do that sort of thing. 

He was actually quite apologetic. He recommended eBay. Told him that people were essentially cashing in and charging $30, some as high as 60 (Australian dollars mind you, so around $22-45 USD as a rough guesstimation) for the game that's available for $10 digitally. I still prefer having a physical copy but not at that price difference.

ironmanDX said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
So I went browsing around my local re-sale shop today, not looking for anything in particular and what do I stumble upon? A copy of Crimson Skies with case, manual and not a scratch on the disc for $3.00. Talk about a fuckin' sign lol

Yeah. Most EB games phased out Original Xbox/Playstation 2/Gamecube games years ago.
The Xbox 360/Playstation 3 library is heading that way too.

Best bet is 2nd hand stores or Ebay.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
ironmanDX said:

Yeah. Most EB games phased out Original Xbox/Playstation 2/Gamecube games years ago.

He did say that they're considering bringing them back because of bc though. It was the area manager that was really pushing for it. I don't expect it to happen though. If they do.... I'll pm you the store I went to if and when they actually get some stock in if you're interested. I'm in Victoria. A suburb called Berwick in the south East of Melbourne.

Pemalite said:
malistix1985 said:

Every confirmed game on the list has improved resolution native (1080P on XBox one and S, 4k on the one X) better textures, framerate, 16:9 widescreen.

But obv its only 13 games for now, they did say more are coming but also that the program will be smaller then the xbox360 program, which has over 500? titles already

You sure they have better textures?
I doubt they are actually overhauling the assets in these games.

Rather I do know they are applying significantly better texturing filtering (16x Anisotropic Filtering to be exact) which, when combined with the higher output resolution should make textures look significantly better.

correction *better texture filtering

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
Conina said:
Chris Hu said:
I would play Ninja Gaidern Black if it showed up on Games with Gold even though it doesn't have achievements.

You can play it with an Xbox Game Pass Trial for free:

If you already used the Trial on you account, just create an additional Xbox ID.

Nice I'm getting a external HDD and will get the game pass for a year next month.

ironmanDX said:
Pemalite said:

He did say that they're considering bringing them back because of bc though. It was the area manager that was really pushing for it. I don't expect it to happen though. If they do.... I'll pm you the store I went to if and when they actually get some stock in if you're interested. I'm in Victoria. A suburb called Berwick in the south East of Melbourne.

I'm in South Australia. Bit far away I think. Haha
I already have a sizable original Xbox collection anyway with almost every game I want.
Just want a few titles like the entire Harry Potter lineup and a few starwars games and I am done.

malistix1985 said:

correction *better texture filtering

Thought so. ;)

Chris Hu said:

Nice I'm getting a external HDD and will get the game pass for a year next month.

I have had an external HDD since the Xbox One launch. - Have people actually attempted to get-by with those pitifull 500Gb-1,000GB internal hard drives? o.0

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Barozi said:
Ruler said:

You sure about that? You know the Xbox One and OG XBox are nothing more than PC hardware, if MS really wanted they could allow you to play every game.

Wrong. Xbox, 360 and Xbox One games have completely different file structures.
The executable files for 360 games need to be rewritten in order for them to run on X1. Since the code for these files aren't property of MS, they absolutely have to ask third parties for permission first.
Even if it wasn't for these legal issues, there would still be compatibility problems. That's why BC games are being actively patched to improve stability after release on X1.

Just like with PS1 games on the PS3, which the console could just magically emulate every PS1 game despite having different architetucre and being 10 years ago. Ken Kuteragi and his team must been some kind of exceptionally wizzards apparently