By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OG XBox games look amazing on XBox one S/X

SvennoJ said:
Can we now agree VR games look good enough if this is considered amazing :)
Will the original Fable be supported, I still have that game, still the best in the series.

No, wrong console.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Considering even full remasters of PS2 aren't that impressive on PS4, I'm not sure I would be impressed with the og Xbox games on X1.

obviously the big difference is this is a frree service for people who own the old games :P

Twitter @CyberMalistix

malistix1985 said:
DonFerrari said:

Considering even full remasters of PS2 aren't that impressive on PS4, I'm not sure I would be impressed with the og Xbox games on X1.

obviously the big difference is this is a frree service for people who own the old games :P

That is a big positive =]

But for me it doesn't tell much because I rarely go back to play my older games... just a few loved ones when they get real upgrades. But for X1 userbase there may be a lot of value.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

d21lewis said:
SecondWar said:
So does anyone know if these graphical enhancements are just for downloaded copies or the disc copies as well?

According to Polygon, discs should work too. And if you bought them on 360 digitally, you have them here.

Lol  that the second time I've asked that and someone responded to a different question.

Yes, I know the discs work but do they get the graphical enhancement? It's unclear. Do you need a digital copy to get the update or will the discs get them as well?

Nice, all classics these days should be run at a higher resolution then they originally released. Yes Nintendo I'm looking at you, there's no excuse for the Switch's VC to run n64 games at 480p (or less), so deliver.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Can we now agree VR games look good enough if this is considered amazing :)

It would be amazing if VR got some games people cared about. Har har har!

jk... sorta...

ON TOPIC: I'm impressed how much these games benefit from a resolution boost. This is why people say 480p to 720p was huge.

I still got a bunch of OG Xbox games, hopefully many get added over time.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Um...not what I would call amazing...downsampling would be really nice, given how much better XOne's hardware is compared to OG XBox.

SecondWar said:
d21lewis said:

According to Polygon, discs should work too. And if you bought them on 360 digitally, you have them here.

Lol  that the second time I've asked that and someone responded to a different question.

Yes, I know the discs work but do they get the graphical enhancement? It's unclear. Do you need a digital copy to get the update or will the discs get them as well?

I'm pretty sure it'll be like Xbox 360 games. The disc probably won't actually run. It'll be the key to gain access to a digital version (with all enhancements). You'll likely need your disc every time you play unless you buy it from the digital store.

This is just my best guess, though.

KOTOR is probably still better than most games out now.

They look pristine, very impressive! I love how MS is handling the BC stuff, shame on Nintendo and Sony.

I'm still hoping for Xbox Live compatibility, though it will probably never happen. Can't wait to play the GTAs!