By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OG XBox games look amazing on XBox one S/X

Chris Hu said:
I would play Ninja Gaidern Black if it showed up on Games with Gold even though it doesn't have achievements.

You can play it with an Xbox Game Pass Trial for free:

If you already used the Trial on you account, just create an additional Xbox ID.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
d21lewis said:

Have you played Fable Anniversary?

Is that game BC on xb1?

Yes. 

It's almost as if they are being... emulated.

...oh, right

gcwy said:
They look pristine, very impressive! I love how MS is handling the BC stuff, shame on Nintendo and Sony.

I'm still hoping for Xbox Live compatibility, though it will probably never happen. Can't wait to play the GTAs!

Sony, I can understand your feelings but with Nintendo I think you're being unfair. While all Sony and Microsoft games are disc based, Many of Nintendos are catridge based. How do you fit a reader for the discs in the portable Switch? And each console had a different disc format (Sony also has this problem). And how on earth would you fit the older catridges in the Switch, given their about the same size as the console itself?

But also looking forward to seeing what else gets added to the OG Xbox library. Hoping for some of the earlier Splinter Cells.

TheSting said:
KOTOR is probably still better than most games out now.

I bought it months ago in the hope it made the list. P,ayed it for the first time tonight. Only 30 minutes in, got slightly caught out by the combat style which I was expecting.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
SvennoJ said:
Can we now agree VR games look good enough if this is considered amazing :)
Will the original Fable be supported, I still have that game, still the best in the series.

Totally agree the firs one is still the best the second one is still pretty good I liked the additon of the dog.  The third one is way to easy although I still kinda liked it so I don't hate it as much as most people.   

I didn't like the demo of the 3rd one, nor the change in art style, then forgot about it. Second one was still good but I have the best memories of the first one as well. It deserves a proper remake, load times were holding it back. But I imagine they should be fine if it comes to BC.

It's a shame the studio didn't survive Kinect and the crap that Legends was supposed to be. There was still life left in the series as a proper RPG.

SecondWar said:
d21lewis said:

According to Polygon, discs should work too. And if you bought them on 360 digitally, you have them here.

Lol  that the second time I've asked that and someone responded to a different question.

Yes, I know the discs work but do they get the graphical enhancement? It's unclear. Do you need a digital copy to get the update or will the discs get them as well?

Yes. Discs work. They get the graphical improvement.

It's mostly just a boost in resolution and 16x Anisotropic Filtering, nothing massive or ground breaking.
With that... Original Xbox games have certainly aged a ton better than say... Playstation 2 games as the original Xbox was dabbling in pixel shaders and so on at the time.

Barkley said:
Nice, all classics these days should be run at a higher resolution then they originally released. Yes Nintendo I'm looking at you, there's no excuse for the Switch's VC to run n64 games at 480p (or less), so deliver.

Some. Not all.
The Original Xbox already had some games running at 720P and 1080i.

The caveat is that.... Component/Composite is a very "dirty" signal, so HDMI will always look sharper and cleaner.

TheSting said:
KOTOR is probably still better than most games out now.

Allot of the mechanics in that game was used as a foundation for Ass Effect and Dragon Age... Because they worked.

However, KOTOR was also backwards compatible with the Xbox 360... So if I never got around to completing it on that... I doubt I would get around to playing it on Xbox One, haha.
The bright side is, our physical copies should go up in value.

Chris Hu said:
Ruler said:

Difference is you dont have pay for them

That is if you still have the disc.

It works for digital copies too.

Chris Hu said:

The X1 doesn't play games off the disc once you pop in the disc you download the game digitally on you HDD. 

You still need the disk for authentication purposes of course.

Angelv577 said:
d21lewis said:

Have you played Fable Anniversary?

Is that game BC on xb1?

Yes. So is Fable 2 and 3.
The Xbox 360 is also backwards compatible with the original Fable: The Lost Chapters game, so I would assume it would make it's way over to the Xbox One eventually anyway.

But Anniversary being a graphical overhaul is far more pleasing on the eyes and is probably the recommended version to play these days.

SecondWar said:

Sony, I can understand your feelings but with Nintendo I think you're being unfair. While all Sony and Microsoft games are disc based, Many of Nintendos are catridge based. How do you fit a reader for the discs in the portable Switch? And each console had a different disc format (Sony also has this problem). And how on earth would you fit the older catridges in the Switch, given their about the same size as the console itself?

But also looking forward to seeing what else gets added to the OG Xbox library. Hoping for some of the earlier Splinter Cells.

Why should you have to have a disc reader whilst the Switch is Portable?
Just include it in the dock, then the Switch can be backwards compatible with Gamecube, Wii and Wii U titles... As well as being your homes media hub.
If you want to play those games on the go, then buy a digital copy.

SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:

Totally agree the firs one is still the best the second one is still pretty good I liked the additon of the dog.  The third one is way to easy although I still kinda liked it so I don't hate it as much as most people.   

I didn't like the demo of the 3rd one, nor the change in art style, then forgot about it. Second one was still good but I have the best memories of the first one as well. It deserves a proper remake, load times were holding it back. But I imagine they should be fine if it comes to BC.

It's a shame the studio didn't survive Kinect and the crap that Legends was supposed to be. There was still life left in the series as a proper RPG.

I would have loved to have seen a Black and White 3 at some point... The irony is, that is probably one of the better games that would be fit for Kinect whilst not being dumbed down to work.
Missed opportunity in my eyes.

Microsoft shouldn't have closed FASA, Ensemble or Digital Anvil either... Especially Digital Anvil, Xbox could have had a Star Citizen competitor.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I might give KOTR a replay. I played it on the original Xbox and enjoyed it greatly. Looks hell of a lot cleaner and sharper on the Xbox One. Amazing? Probably pushing it there.

Edit: Only $9.99 Aussie dollars. Not too bad considering the amount of hours you could poor into this game.

ironmanDX said:

I might give KOTR a replay. I played it on the original Xbox and enjoyed it greatly. Looks hell of a lot cleaner and sharper on the Xbox One. Amazing? Probably pushing it there.

Edit: Only $9.99 Aussie dollars. Not too bad considering the amount of hours you could poor into this game.

I am also getting some of these classics when I get the one X

If you think they look nice now, apparently on the one X the games should look even sharper :D

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Ruler said:
DonFerrari said:

Considering even full remasters of PS2 aren't that impressive on PS4, I'm not sure I would be impressed with the og Xbox games on X1.

Difference is you dont have pay for them

Were already pointed out, reason I answered it is a good nugget, but nothing really important or impressive, just that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."