By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OG XBox games look amazing on XBox one S/X

derpysquirtle64 said:
flashfire926 said:

Why not? Burnout revenge and paradise are both backwards compatible already, so why not this?

Only Paradise is B/C game. And to be honest, it's a pure luck it is. The same reason why there is no Need For Speed games in B/C and why Microsoft took Forza Horizon off their digital store. The license for music used in these games can expire. I doubt EA will want to pay to record labels to prolong it, so Burnout 3 can be in B/C program.

Forza games have a four year live cycle due to some of the DLC cars licenses expiring after four years that is why Forza Horizon got delisted last year and Forza Motorsports 5 got delisted last month.   But the online suport last a lot longer then that since I'm pretty sure you still can play Forza Motorsports 3 online and all newer games in the series.   

Around the Network
gcwy said:
They look pristine, very impressive! I love how MS is handling the BC stuff, shame on Nintendo and Sony.

I'm still hoping for Xbox Live compatibility, though it will probably never happen. Can't wait to play the GTAs!

You sure about that? You know the Xbox One and OG XBox are nothing more than PC hardware, if MS really wanted they could allow you to play every game.

DonFerrari said:

Considering even full remasters of PS2 aren't that impressive on PS4, I'm not sure I would be impressed with the og Xbox games on X1.

Difference is you dont have pay for them

I would play Ninja Gaidern Black if it showed up on Games with Gold even though it doesn't have achievements. Also would be nice if the could add the first Forza Motorsports in the second update but I doubt that would happen since that game probably has over a dozen cars with expired licenses. Red Dead Revolver would also be a good option for the second batch of titles.

Ruler said:
DonFerrari said:

Considering even full remasters of PS2 aren't that impressive on PS4, I'm not sure I would be impressed with the og Xbox games on X1.

That is if you still have the disc.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Ruler said:

That is if you still have the disc.

What else have excepted from Backwards compatibility

SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:

Have you played Fable Anniversary?

No, I guess I could pick that up when I have the nostalgia itch. Although looking at the reviews, playing it again might just taint my good memories. From meta 85 to 68 for the remaster, odd. It will always be an 8.5 to me!

I beat it and got most of the achievements for it.  It only a slight improvement over the original version.  I think they could have done a much better job with it if they really wanted to.  The major flaw is that it still has tons of long loading times.  Plus the game is proned to crash once in a while. 

SecondWar said:
So does anyone know if these graphical enhancements are just for downloaded copies or the disc copies as well?

The X1 doesn't play games off the disc once you pop in the disc you download the game digitally on you HDD. 

SvennoJ said:
Can we now agree VR games look good enough if this is considered amazing :)
Will the original Fable be supported, I still have that game, still the best in the series.

Totally agree the firs one is still the best the second one is still pretty good I liked the additon of the dog.  The third one is way to easy although I still kinda liked it so I don't hate it as much as most people.   

d21lewis said:
SvennoJ said:
Can we now agree VR games look good enough if this is considered amazing :)
Will the original Fable be supported, I still have that game, still the best in the series.

Have you played Fable Anniversary?

Is that game BC on xb1?